Post a reply

Re: Stephen Hendry coming out of retirement?

Postby motorhead

Dan-cat wrote:A Bernard is a bit of an idiot. Colloquial English term.

But also, one of my groups of friends from Essex call each Bernard as a sign of affection.

Hence the decision to name the character Andy Bernard in the office.

Postby TheRocket

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... udd-trump/

“I think when Stephen retired the standard was already starting to go up and that caught him out.

“I think he found it harder as Ronnie O’Sullivan, John Higgins and Mark Williams started to get the better of him.

“He found that tough to take, so I’d be surprised if he can get many results now the whole tour is of a very good standard.”

Postby Iranu

For once Judd’s actually talking a bit of sense.

Although if (and it’s obviously a big if) Hendry can recapture some of the form he showed before the lead in to his retirement, there’s no reason he can’t win some matches. The way he played in the Seniors I’d give him a chance against the likes of McLeod, Bond etc. And he may also have an aura for some of the younger players.

Postby TheRocket

He also says standard caught Hendry out eventually and that he would have found it tough once ROS,Higgins,Williams got the better of him regularly. And the strength in depth would be much better now than it was in Hendrys heyday in the 90's.

I wont comment on that and if Judd is right or wrong but imo he probably thinks Hendry is a weak era dominator.

Postby rekoons

TheRocket wrote:
I wont comment on that and if Judd is right or wrong but imo he probably thinks Hendry is a weak era dominator.

Don’t think he was a weak era dominator, but even if it was so, then it’s not necessarily an advantage imo. It’s not easy too stay sharp or not get lazy if you’re miles ahead of the rest.

Hendry might reply judd is still a tin pot dominator as of now ;)

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:He also says standard caught Hendry out eventually and that he would have found it tough once ROS,Higgins,Williams got the better of him regularly. And the strength in depth would be much better now than it was in Hendrys heyday in the 90's.

Judd would be right to think that. ;-)

Postby badtemperedcyril

Judd should keep his snout out. He's only won 3 TC events, which makes him level with Shaun Murphy and Terry Griffiths and two behind Alex Higgins and Neil Robertson, so he's a long, long way away from even being thought of as an all time great. At this moment he's miles behind O'Sullivan, Hendry, Davis, Higgins, Selby and Williams. He couldn't handle the big boy tables with a bit of nap on them at Newport yet Ronnie applauded them, saying they demanded more skill.

Postby Holden Chinaski

badtemperedcyril wrote:Judd should keep his snout out. He's only won 3 TC events, which makes him level with Shaun Murphy and Terry Griffiths and two behind Alex Higgins and Neil Robertson, so he's a long, long way away from even being thought of as an all time great. At this moment he's miles behind O'Sullivan, Hendry, Davis, Higgins, Selby and Williams. He couldn't handle the big boy tables with a bit of nap on them at Newport yet Ronnie applauded them, saying they demanded more skill.

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:Judd should keep his snout out. He's only won 3 TC events, which makes him level with Shaun Murphy and Terry Griffiths and two behind Alex Higgins and Neil Robertson, so he's a long, long way away from even being thought of as an all time great. At this moment he's miles behind O'Sullivan, Hendry, Davis, Higgins, Selby and Williams. He couldn't handle the big boy tables with a bit of nap on them at Newport yet Ronnie applauded them, saying they demanded more skill.

rofl :goodpost:

Postby Cloud Strife

+1