Post a reply

Re: Tickect for World Open 2010 already on sale

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
The Cueist wrote::D Bonus tourney for the lucky player who plays the best for that week, <cool> Loving it. <cool>

and if Robbo wins it gets equal with doherty on 6 ranking tournaments you will say well done on your achievement or it doesn't count because its only best of 5s and a best of 9 final ?

If Robbo wins then good luck to him,Hopefully Ding or Ros will do it. <cool> :ahh:

Imagine Robbo loses his 100% ranking event final record in a best of nine. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:I have gone on record saying that best of 5s are the most boring format in the game and they could make a best of 5 more interesting if they tried.

long matches are the best because you get in to a match with best of 5s its over before it begins.

but obviously the BBC Wanted rid of this event so anything better than nothing but it just shows how out of touch they really are with what snooker fans like.

That's my understanding. We have the World Open not because somebody has had an innovative and exciting new idea, but because the BBC have thrown their toys out of their prams about the Grand Prix being on their schedule, and agreed to leave it televised if we shorten the format.

BBC = :bird:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:I have gone on record saying that best of 5s are the most boring format in the game and they could make a best of 5 more interesting if they tried.

long matches are the best because you get in to a match with best of 5s its over before it begins.

but obviously the BBC Wanted rid of this event so anything better than nothing but it just shows how out of touch they really are with what snooker fans like.

That's my understanding. We have the World Open not because somebody has had an innovative and exciting new idea, but because the BBC have thrown their toys out of their prams about the Grand Prix being on their schedule, and agreed to leave it televised if we shorten the format.

BBC = :bird:

we count our blessing it wasn't best of 5s from the last 32 stage meaning it starts midweek

Postby moondan

Im not sure what Walkers brief was when he tried to guide snooker through the depths of recession but Im certain it wasnt to devalue our game.
Mixing fun and ranking points together, does devalue our game.
I can see all Barrys poodles ending up barking mad. Lets hope snooker survives their walkies.

Postby Rocket_ron

moondan wrote:Im not sure what Walkers brief was when he tried to guide snooker through the depths of recession but Im certain it wasnt to devalue our game.
Mixing fun and ranking points together, does devalue our game.
I can see all Barrys poodles ending up barking mad. Lets hope snooker survives their walkies.

moondan, why cant you see that this fa cup style event to be great? come on moon lighten up mate

Postby Wildey

moondan

on this i agree nothing wrong in the concept of the World Open but if it carries the same points as say shanghai or china it will be farcical.

as yet we dont know what he will do with points but it will have to be less than other ranking tournaments to keep me happy on this.

we all know what happens when im not happy i turn green with rage lol

Postby SnookerFan

When do we reckon the tickets will go on sale for the UK Championships? I'm thinking of taking the week off work and getting up there for some non-gimmick snooker action. None of this best of 5, shot clock, frame ends after 12 minutes whether we like it or not bullocks.... :D