Post a reply

Re: Saudi Arabia to host Ranking Event

Postby Cloud Strife

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I hope they don't have the same problem WWE had where they didn't seem to be allowed leave after a show over some dispute.

Yeah, I can see Barry Hearn as the Vince McMahon type figure.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ck147 wrote:Does this mean we'll need a new "Middle Eastern Events" section added to the main Snooker Events page? Is that going to be an up hill struggle, or do we just include it in Asian events?

Put it in the Middle East and Ireland section.

Postby GeF

Wildey wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I hope they do put the worlds pot up, it really feels wrong it not being the most important tournament.

I also wonder what the format will be, the draw makes it sound a bit like the UK championship of old, but I didn't see anything about frame length. Hopefully they are decent sized matches.

its a 7 day event with 128 players and 127 Matches so probably best of 7s like the Home Nations

It's the country of petroleum, may be they will play on 16 or 32 tables in a air-conditioned indoor stadium....

Postby The Jester from Leicester

Dan-cat wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Fantastic news. Barry Hearn has done so much for the game over the past few years, he really has got it into a great place. The future of Snooker is looking bright.

You from Leicester then mate?

I am originally. I've moved around a bit over the years, but Leicester will always be where my heart is.

Postby SnookerFan

The Jester from Leicester wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Fantastic news. Barry Hearn has done so much for the game over the past few years, he really has got it into a great place. The future of Snooker is looking bright.

I am originally. I've moved around a bit over the years, but Leicester will always be where my heart is.

Are you Willie Thorne?

Postby The Jester from Leicester

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Are you Willie Thorne?

No comment. I do have a club that all the top players visit though.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Are you Willie Thorne?

No comment. I do have a club that all the top players visit though.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Diclaimer; The following link is about golf. But for once, it's relevant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/50722469

Rory Mcilroy turns down £2million offer to play in Saudi Arabia.

Granted, that's easily done when you're as rich as he is. I guess a lot of snooker players aren't going to be able to afford that luxury.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The short format and the unusual conditions will probably lead to a lot of shock results. I could easily see a low ranked player picking up amount from this.

Postby SnookerEd25

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:The short format and the unusual conditions will probably lead to a lot of shock results. I could easily see a low ranked player picking up amount from this.

Then, unfortunately, he probably wouldn't be low-ranked anymore.