Post a reply

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:YOU ARE GETTING BUCK ALL FROM ME!!




<laugh> rofl rofl



I just got back fae a walk in the Woods,was really cheesed off with Johns Taxi Antics.


I,ve made myself a cuppa,i,ve read through the comments,and yours as well as a few other cheered me up again,ta fur that Dan- :cat: .


My Gran Always used to say,"A story always has 2 sides,ya can always see the funny side laddie!",this indeed has a funny side to it.



"GIMME MA EFFIN 5 QUID!!!!". :no: :wild: :grrr:


"YUR GETTIN BUCK ALL FAE ME!!". <laugh> rofl

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby chengdufan

Can only imagine the cabbie was giving him unnecessary stick. Would love to have been a fly on the dashboard.
We've only heard one side of the story. Most likely they can both share the blame.

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby Dan-cat

chengdufan wrote:Can only imagine the cabbie was giving him unnecessary stick. Would love to have been a fly on the dashboard.
We've only heard one side of the story. Most likely they can both share the blame.


Almost certainly. Why wasn't Higgins allowed to sing in the cab? Was he disturbing anyone? Well apart from the driver of course but isn't taking drunken passengers par for the course?

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby Pink Ball

chengdufan wrote:Can only imagine the cabbie was giving him unnecessary stick. Would love to have been a fly on the dashboard.
We've only heard one side of the story. Most likely they can both share the blame.

Course they can. That's why the cabbie has gone to the papers about a £5 fare.

Or maybe Higgins has just been a idiot.

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby mantorok

I find the "you're getting buck all from me" remark a stetch, Higgins had just woken up in a drunken state, the cab driver could've told the press whatever he wanted and John wouldn't have remembered.

He could have said "Sorry mate, I've got no cash on me", or "Hang on, I think I'm gonee throw up!!" and scarpered....

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:I find the "you're getting buck all from me" remark a stetch, Higgins had just woken up in a drunken state, the cab driver could've told the press whatever he wanted and John wouldn't have remembered.

He could have said "Sorry mate, I've got no cash on me", or "Hang on, I think I'm gonee throw up!!" and scarpered....


Yeah. There is that side to it. We've only heard the cabbies side to the story.

I'm not saying Higgins is entirely blameless or anything and if he did scarper without paying it's a idiot move. But just we should be mindful to believe everything we read also.

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Actually, Shelley Higgins just made a good point on Twitter.

The photo the driver took. That was of him asleep in the cab, that would've been before the refusal to pay.

Why was the driver doing that? Sounds a bit shady. Sounds like he already intended to go to the press with "Higgins is drunk story".

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Actually, Shelley Higgins just made a good point on Twitter.

The photo the driver took. That was of him asleep in the cab, that would've been before the refusal to pay.

Why was the driver doing that? Sounds a bit shady. Sounds like he already intended to go to the press with "Higgins is drunk story".


The real story was that Higgins gave the cab driver £50 instead of a fiver by mistake and he got greedy and decided to make a few more quid with some bull story!

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He loves a drink. Remember last year when his face was all bruised and he broke a rib... some drunken escapade he alluded to in an interview.

Still, hardly crime of the century. Awful photo though!

He once got very drunk on a plane as well.


That came after the Malta Cup, he was on the plane with Doherty.

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He loves a drink. Remember last year when his face was all bruised and he broke a rib... some drunken escapade he alluded to in an interview.

Still, hardly crime of the century. Awful photo though!

He once got very drunk on a plane as well.


That came after the Malta Cup, he was on the plane with Doherty.


It was all Kens fault then. Don't believe that nice-guy rubbish.

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Actually, Shelley Higgins just made a good point on Twitter.

The photo the driver took. That was of him asleep in the cab, that would've been before the refusal to pay.

Why was the driver doing that? Sounds a bit shady. Sounds like he already intended to go to the press with "Higgins is drunk story".


The real story was that Higgins gave the cab driver £50 instead of a fiver by mistake and he got greedy and decided to make a few more quid with some bull story!


In Higgins defense, taxi drivers do like to charge more than the actual fare, so maybe the story the driver told the press is not entirely true and Higgins refused to pay such amount.