Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie win another ranker?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:He won't enter the Shoot-Out, that much I'm sure.

:chin:

Well he didnt show any previous signs he was going to enter. The tournament began in 2011, and he only played twice in it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Well he didnt show any previous signs he was going to enter. The tournament began in 2011, and he only played twice in it.

The only thing that's sure about Ronnie is that nothing is for sure.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

The only thing that's sure about Ronnie is that nothing is for sure.

That's very true.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

So what you’re saying is he showed two signs of entering it. :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

He had the match in control yesterday, and then looked to crumble when Kyren started playing.

But let's not get carried away. He son the Shanghai Masters this season. So let's not do that thing where we pretend he's suddenly a schmo due to a couple of poor results.

He'll be up for it when he gets out for the ITV tournament. And anything can happen in the Shit-Out.

Postby Snooker89

Although not great he at least last made the quarters and then semis in his last 2 events. Not the worst return from someone who hasn't had allot of match practice recently. He will also be fresher for the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

The_Abbott wrote:He hasn't won one since the creation of this thread. Must be a curse or something.

To be fair, some here would create a thread like this everytime he loses a match after he won a ranker.

Postby Wildey

Lets be honest though the Welsh Open was made for him to win with so many top players loosing in the quarter finals.

and his record against the other Semi Finalist was 21-6

Who really knows when you have won your last.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Yeah the fact it has been a year since he won one indicates it was a valid thread to create IMO.

Still think he will but he could quit or any of a great number of things.

Shootout would be ideal for the next one IMO

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah the fact it has been a year since he won one indicates it was a valid thread to create IMO.

Still think he will but he could quit or any of a great number of things.

Shootout would be ideal for the next one IMO

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Lets be honest though the Welsh Open was made for him to win with so many top players loosing in the quarter finals.

It might take a few more tournaments, but once he wins his next one, I think 2 or 3 more will quickly follow.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Lets be honest though the Welsh Open was made for him to win with so many top players loosing in the quarter finals.

I mean, it's possible he won't win another. One tournament has to be his last. But come on, he won the Shanghai Masters less than six months ago.

This just feels like every other time he goes a few months without winning a trophy. There's always somebody who soils their pants thinking his career is over. Remember ACLT saying that Ronnie would never reach a final again, just because it'd been four months since he reached The Crucible Final? Eventually, more by luck than judgement, one of those people will be correct.

I get the impression more that he just isn't interested at the moment. From his "kamikaze" snooker to his pulling out of The Masters. He could just be going through one of his phases where he pretends he hates snooker.

We've got the Players Championships next week, the sort of tournament that Ronnie likes. He'll eventually get in the mood again, and win a couple in my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:If he gets in...

Is he not in next week?

He's in 16th place but could get over taken at the shootout by about 30 players

And yet people are okay with it being a ranking event....

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:If he gets in...

Is he not in next week?

He's in 16th place but could get over taken at the shootout by about 30 players

And yet people are okay with it being a ranking event....

Who is on the Forum?

Maybe one or two, but that's about it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The Shootout should not be a ranker - that is pretty much unanimously agreed.

However, the system of rankings based on prize money is also intrinsically unfair. If a sponsor tosses up enough money then that tournament is worth more in the rankings.

Also, the Coral events could be argued as unfair as they are not open to all players.

The ranking system is hugely flawed but any system is imperfect. Whatever system you come up with Judd and Neil would be the top two players unless it was completely stupid.

In the big scheme of things is £50 000 (or whatever it is) as 1st prize at the Shootout a huge deal?

Postby Iranu

I felt the same about the Coral Series but I’ve been convinced that they are open to all players as they’re based on the one year list.

As for your last question, I suppose that depends on your perspective.

Postby SnookerFan

I too have always been uncomfortable with the Coral series being ranking as it feels like double rewards.

I can accept it more than the Shootout though. At least it's snooker under proper rules.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

I mean, it's possible he won't win another. One tournament has to be his last. But come on, he won the Shanghai Masters less than six months ago.

This just feels like every other time he goes a few months without winning a trophy. There's always somebody who soils their pants thinking his career is over. Remember ACLT saying that Ronnie would never reach a final again, just because it'd been four months since he reached The Crucible Final? Eventually, more by luck than judgement, one of those people will be correct.

I get the impression more that he just isn't interested at the moment. From his "kamikaze" snooker to his pulling out of The Masters. He could just be going through one of his phases where he pretends he hates snooker.

We've got the Players Championships next week, the sort of tournament that Ronnie likes. He'll eventually get in the mood again, and win a couple in my opinion.

of course but one day it will be his last and until you look back. When you win your last it never feels it will be the last

Postby Andre147

Nobody knows when's your last ranker... I bet Hendry wasnt expecting the 2005 Malta Cup to be his last but it was.

What I'm saying is I think ROS will end his career with 40 or more ranking event titles, so he still has a few more to grab I think, maybe and just maybe one final world title.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Maybe he needs:

Laser

Eye

Surgery

Won't make a difference unless the surgery is performed by Damien Hirst or Ray Reardon.