Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie win another ranker?

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Vallomas wrote:I am sure that Ronnie will reach another ranking final soon and he won't have to face Trump there.

So, he will one more for sure. I think that it's very likely to surpass 40.

Yeah - I don't fancy his chances if he meets Judd but there will be times when Judd does not make the final and he should focus on those opportunities.

it's not as if he isnt capable of beating Trump in Finals.

He is.

But there's no denying his chances would increase if it comes agaisnt another player.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Vallomas wrote:I am sure that Ronnie will reach another ranking final soon and he won't have to face Trump there.

Yeah - I don't fancy his chances if he meets Judd but there will be times when Judd does not make the final and he should focus on those opportunities.

He is.

But there's no denying his chances would increase if it comes agaisnt another player.

That was my point Andre

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

He is.

Except Robbo

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:So he came close (ish) tonight.

Each tournament that passes, his chances diminish ever so slightly,

So I ask thee once more Islanders.

Will Ronnie win another ranker and if so when do you posit it might be?

If Ronnie can get to the final in Belfast and make it close with the current man to beat whilst barely playing his C-game, and I don't see why he can't win more tournaments. Judd won't win everything.

Remember that time when he lost three or four ranking events in a row, and people were wondering whether he'd ever win a ranking tournament again.

He won The Shanghai Masters already this season, which I know isn't a ranking event, but had decent sized matches against top opponents only. He's hardly a spent force.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:So he came close (ish) tonight.

Each tournament that passes, his chances diminish ever so slightly,

So I ask thee once more Islanders.

Will Ronnie win another ranker and if so when do you posit it might be?

If Ronnie can get to the final in Belfast and make it close with the current man to beat whilst barely playing his C-game, and I don't see why he can't win more tournaments. Judd won't win everything.

Remember that time when he lost three or four ranking events in a row, and people were wondering whether he'd ever win a ranking tournament again.

He won The Shanghai Masters already this season, which I know isn't a ranking event, but had decent sized matches against top opponents only. He's hardly a spent force.

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:it's not as if he isnt capable of beating Trump in Finals.

He is.

Judd isn't going to win everything, is he?

We'll all agree he'll win plenty. But he already lost a final this season, in Coventry. He also lost early in the English Open, don't forget. To Lee Walker of all people.

Trump's completion of a player doesn't indicate that Ronnie will never win anything again. Who knows? Maybe he is getting to the end of his career. But to act like it's a total certainty he'll never win a ranker again is a bit silly. It's a fairly safe bet that he'll overtake Hendry's ranking total before he retires.

Postby rekoons

SnookerFan wrote: It's a fairly safe bet that he'll overtake Hendry's ranking total before he retires.

It'd be difficult to do after retirement, even for Ronnie...

Postby SnookerFan

rekoons wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: It's a fairly safe bet that he'll overtake Hendry's ranking total before he retires.

It'd be difficult to do after retirement, even for Ronnie...

:roll: <laugh>

Postby TheSaviour

Judd playes well, as he really is capable to score heavily all the time. It is not as easy looking or easy to him as it is to Ronnie, but fair play to Judd, certainly. Many of those shots during the centuries of Judd requires extremely LIMITED thinking. And goes without saying, the most precise line. Which makes those extremely great breaks, and a difficult to digest, for sure. So Ronnie will be keeping on struggling with Judd.

If and when Ronnie is at times labelled as a genius, it is only always some poor sportmanships from the people being on the receiving end. No-one fancies to be labelled as a genius, as it is just a tool to remind the people everyone has an intuition. AND the people with an intuition does keep on leeking the oppurtinites! Ronnie should be labelled as a mad-man, that´s always much more suitable to him and that´s how he prefers it.

Surely a great, great match last evening. That one. Judd´s 106 was his master-class, at least 6 or 7 extremely difficult cue ball controls to keep it going! Judd playes extremely, extremely well those simple cannons to develop one or maximum two more reds. Judd´s maximum effort number two also a similar, the most classy there just can be. Only to Ronnie to straight away to respond how the cue ball really should be controlled! Could only agree with it.

Ronnie´s comments after the match where simply superb. Straight away thinking just the big picture, and filled it with his masterclass of an irony!

No-one want´s to be labelled as a genius as the world is full of irony. The people with mental health problems understands only straight words. They are not at time capable to understand any form of sense of a humour. Ronnie too fancies to be labelled as a crazy person.

Ronnie still plays his best while slightly on a receiving end first. At the end of the match it certainly looked like it could and can be good enough. But what are those missed by a country mile long red - efforts while struggling perhaps 4 frames? He used to lose 9 or 10 frames on the trot while it started to happen during some big matches.

With and against Judd it still is all about who gets in first. Usually it is Judd, funnily and strangely enough. Judd certainly is capable to score heavily all the time, so he is a real deal. And while the match goes on, it always gets more difficult to play any decent anymore. Any given player who can keep the level or not to even mention to raise it as the match progresses are just really great players. Or to make an odd really strange mistake... Which Ronnie does, and particularly that makes him a player

Loved how he talked his usual drivel after the match. With a smile. It really is all about to tell people which part of your non-sencial bodylangues, gestures and looks are just drivel, an irony! The world is full of people like that. It is all about that, to explain the people, and not about being labelled as a genius.

Postby D4P

Time might be ticking, but I don't think Ronnie hears the clock. It's safe to say that he doesn't care too much at the moment about winning ranking events. Maybe he'll change his mind some day and start playing to win, or maybe he won't.

If/when he does start playing to win, then he should have a pretty good chance of winning another ranking event. Perhaps he'll decide that he wants to win the Shootout, which is (arguably) the best-suited ranker for him to win these days.

Postby Iranu

That would be pretty funny if Ronnie’s record-breaking 37th ranking title was the Shoot Out.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:That would be pretty funny if Ronnie’s record-breaking 37th ranking title was the Shoot Out.

He won't enter the Shoot-Out, that much I'm sure.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:That would be pretty funny if Ronnie’s record-breaking 37th ranking title was the Shoot Out.

He won't enter the Shoot-Out, that much I'm sure.

No, but it's pretty much the perfect event for him now, given the way he wants to play...

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:Time might be ticking, but I don't think Ronnie hears the clock. It's safe to say that he doesn't care too much at the moment about winning ranking events. Maybe he'll change his mind some day and start playing to win, or maybe he won't.

If/when he does start playing to win, then he should have a pretty good chance of winning another ranking event. Perhaps he'll decide that he wants to win the Shootout, which is (arguably) the best-suited ranker for him to win these days.

Would love to see that

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:When I posted this thread thought he must win one soon but here we are.

Will he win one?

If he wants to yes.

If he not's bothered, no.

If he's wins the Shootout, he's technically still on 36 :spot on:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:I know this is another passive-aggressive joke thread but I'll reply. Ronnie will achieve a record of ranking wins that no player will ever equal. No doubt about it. A record for the ages.

No - - it is a genuine question

Postby Andre147

He will of course, even if it's the last one of his career.

But he'll end it with 40 or more, pretty sure about it. Once he wins another one, two or 3 might quickly follow.

Postby Cloud Strife

The World Championship will tell us alot about his future prospects IMO.

Is he saving himself for the big one? Or is this decline in form terminal?

Of course he could end up winning the Shootout and put all this talk to bed.