Post a reply

Re: How John Higgins tried to bet on snooker Championship

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Yes agreed sickpotter. I don't agree with it (what Higgins is alleged to have done), but I can see why it crossed his mind. I'm sure if there aren't any guidelines for the players in this sort of circumstance then there should be. It's a bit of a grey area.

There is no grey area. Professional snooker players are not allowed to place bets or have others to place bets on their behalf for matches they are involved in. It's part of their professional contract.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yes agreed sickpotter. I don't agree with it (what Higgins is alleged to have done), but I can see why it crossed his mind. I'm sure if there aren't any guidelines for the players in this sort of circumstance then there should be. It's a bit of a grey area.

There is no grey area. Professional snooker players are not allowed to place bets or have others to place bets on their behalf for matches they are involved in. It's part of their professional contract.

mon

if you been following my exchanges with some on TSF they say its happening all the time and it will continue to happen no matter what the result of this scandal is.

it makes my blood boil they think its acceptable.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:you know whats bugging me

She revealed: "I was watching the game on the big screen when the players got up and walked off for an interval. Higgins was well ahead at the time, he was on fire.

"Then about five minutes later the phone rang so I answered and asked for the account ID. He gave me his name and password but I knew it was him straight away from the soft Scottish accent.

so john left the arena and in 5 minutes rang ladbrooks from a mobile :?

the first thing he allegedly thought of after the session lets put on a bet :?

what about rejoicing he was leading or seeing his wife and kids ohhh no put on a bloody bet.
something just do not add up about that.

Agreed. "Oh, so now I''m so far ahead, lets take a bet just in case I lose."

And what's this 'witness', "I know it must've been him, because the timing was convenient and he had a Scottish accent...." I didn't realise the proof was so irrefutable. <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:you know whats bugging me

She revealed: "I was watching the game on the big screen when the players got up and walked off for an interval. Higgins was well ahead at the time, he was on fire.

"Then about five minutes later the phone rang so I answered and asked for the account ID. He gave me his name and password but I knew it was him straight away from the soft Scottish accent.

so john left the arena and in 5 minutes rang ladbrooks from a mobile :?

the first thing he allegedly thought of after the session lets put on a bet :?

what about rejoicing he was leading or seeing his wife and kids ohhh no put on a bloody bet.
something just do not add up about that.

Agreed. "Oh, so now I''m so far ahead, lets take a bet just in case I lose."

And what's this 'witness', "I know it must've been him, because the timing was convenient and he had a Scottish accent...." I didn't realise the proof was so irrefutable. <doh>

do they take bets during sessions or after sessions because if they dont take bets during sessions there was no point anyone ringing during the final frame with about 5 balls potted. so the timing was with the fact the session was bloody over lol