Post a reply

Re: Michael Holt Slams himself

Postby Andre147

Honest assessment from him. He is very talented, but so are a bunch of other players who havent quite made it. Like he says, mental stability in the tense moments is key for sucess and he obviously hasnt had that for most of his career.

Postby SnookerFan

Michael Holt's problem is that every time he misses a shot, he spends the rest of the match beating himself up about it. He can't let it go enough, and it makes the rest of the match difficult for him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Michael Holt's problem is that every time he misses a shot, he spends the rest of the match beating himself up about it. He can't let it go enough, and it makes the rest of the match difficult for him.

Exactly that - he makes Ali carter seem like the Dalai Lama

Postby TheSaviour

Indeed, can only second him. Certainly, like Peter Ebdon once so famously stated after Michael ousted him during the WC Qualifiers, Michael Holt is the best match player in the business.

Holt is no bottler or a choker by any means. Can only agree with Peter Ebdon, completely on the contrary. So something still wrong as he doesn´t quite get any deep runs. Michael Holt and Martin Gould are exactly those only two players who haven´t got the results they would have deserved. Martin Gould neither is any bottler or a choker, yet he two tends to throw many matches away. Probably much to do with his what I suspect, low self-confidence and his looks.

Michael Holt does try to play techinically too correct speed snooker at times, which does cost him. But he does have that superbly solid killer-instinct also, when he plays very slowly, where he can easily get better of the players the likes of Stephen Maguire or even Mark Allen. Not Rod Lawler or the up-coming youngsters have that. Realistically.

Perhaps he just tries to be too entertaining, given his Greece-trips, and the nickname of his. Well, the people just do call the names

Finally stop spamming the streets. Stop spamming with all those people. Finally stop constantly spamming my life. Stop spamming with that well-word. Stop spamming the bridge. Stop spamming an another bride. finally stop spamming with ALL those similar clothings while it is not inpropriate at all. Stop spamming with all those drivel contacts and person which has absolutely nothing to do with YOU.

But glad the word is still spamming, and nothing else!

Nevertheless, absolutely waste of time trying to tell those things to Michael White. He too probably just tends to do it more after receiving the feedback. You are just wasting your time with all those people.

Perhaps he just tries to be just too entertaining.

Only two options left; perhaps he just tries too much. Or then once again he (too) isn´t having any efforts at all. Only those two options counts, and nothing between those. Pick your side.

The people who actually has something can´t look forward the upcoming winter. That´s how it just goes. So they (us) just needs to try to figure out something extra-ordinary, sadly so. The winter closes out the window to impress the ladies. For those who actually do have some HAIR...

Choose your side. Realistically.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:Does anyone else see the irony in TheSaviour's calls to stop spamming?

Actually, I find The Saviour's posts to be insightful and well constructed.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Pretty good summary of the article that Saviour

He started talking about Michael White half way through it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheSaviour wrote:
Michael Holt does try to play techinically too correct speed snooker at times, which does cost him. But he does have that superbly solid killer-instinct also, when he plays very slowly, where he can easily get better of the players the likes of Stephen Maguire or even Mark Allen. Not Rod Lawler or the up-coming youngsters have that. Realistically.

Perhaps he just tries to be too entertaining, given his Greece-trips, and the nickname of his. Well, the people just do call the names

Thought it was a pretty good assessment myself

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:David Hendon has a new podcast discussing this very interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/davehendon/success

He also talks a bit about his own career as a playright. Well worth a listen.

Yeah i listened to this last night, interesting stuff.

I like the Snooker Scene podcast. No frills snooker chat, sometimes with interviews and guests.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Does anyone else see the irony in TheSaviour's calls to stop spamming?

Actually, I find The Saviour's posts to be insightful and well constructed.

pmsl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:David Hendon has a new podcast discussing this very interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/davehendon/success

He also talks a bit about his own career as a playright. Well worth a listen.

This is fascinating. Hendon making some very good points in this, not just about Holt but about politics and life in general.

A modern day Confucius. <ok>