Post a reply

Re: List of snooker blogs

Postby Eirebilly

Just saw that Sonny, I also linked us to Snooker.se as well. Its all in swedish but most of the guys can speak English so you might get a few more members <ok>

Postby Roland

Now added to the list. It's about time we sorted out a proper other links page...

Postby Roland

<ok>

Our links page will happen at some point in the future, in the mean time everyone will have to do with forum links I'm afraid.

Postby bayleyWAG

Hi, guys.

I'm Valerie, and I'm the girlfriend of a player named Matt Bayley. Out of Bristol, he was a pro in the early '90's and worked at a World Snooker offices for a bit; for the last few years he's been here in Toronto. As I write this, he's at the Annex Club, near where we live, trying to break in a new tip he got back home a few weeks ago for the upcoming Canadian Championships, which start Sunday (the seniors are going now - sometimes it's up on the CBSA stream here). Btw, we were also friends with Noel Saltmarche, who was a great mentor to Matt and is missed terribly. Matt's a bit better with Facebook than with Twitter and message boards; I'm more of a geek in general so I'm more able to participate in things like Snooker Island, which looks like it's as big and comprehensive a site as it gets.

Okay, to be on-topic now. Technically, a podcast is a blog with audio, so I figured I can post this here. We've done 3 episodes of a podcast so far - a bit weird and free-flowing currently about our situation here dealing with snooker culture shock from the UK to Canada, but eventually things will straighten out with talk about certain pro players, old snooker tales (that he can remember) and coaching tips. So if you're interested, check it out to get some background.

http://bayleyonthebaize.blogspot.com/

Thanks very much for letting me do this, and for all of your terrific work.

Postby Roland

Welcome Valerie. Do you know Rob aka Sickpotter?

I'll check out the podcasts when I get chance.

Postby bayleyWAG

Sonny wrote:Welcome Valerie. Do you know Rob aka Sickpotter?

Hmm, sounds familiar. Better chance Matt does, so I'll check with him later. Thanks for the welcome!

Peace,
Valerie

Postby bayleyWAG

The verdict now is yes, Rob and Matt know each other and have played each other - one match of which included a nasty bit of luck for Rob, unfortunately. :roll: Still, all is well.

Peace,
Valerie

Postby Wildey

bayleyWAG wrote:The verdict now is yes, Rob and Matt know each other and have played each other - one match of which included a nasty bit of luck for Rob, unfortunately. :roll: Still, all is well.

Peace,
Valerie

no never sickpotter aka Rob was lucky lol