Post a reply

Marco Fu Out Few Months with Eye Issues

Postby Deewee

https://www.facebook.com/marcofuofficia ... 252626916/
"2018 is an important year for me personally as this is my 20th anniversary as a pro snooker player. Today, I would like to share an update with you. Since the beginning of the season, I have been having some problems with my left eye. I was told by the doctor that I’m suffering from retinal degeneration, laser surgery's been done so no worries! The doctor recommends a rest to avoid retinal detachment. Therefore I will not take part in any competition for the coming months. I regret to tell you that no interviews will be taken for now and I shall arrange an online session to take questions in the near future. Thank you for your support!"

Back for the Crucible perhaps? He should have done enough to be seeded at least

Re: Marco Fu Out Few Months with Eye Issues

Postby Deewee

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd, Ding, now Fu having eye problems,

Tell me, is it just co-incidence that they have started to use this new chalk?

I know you're just trolling but it would be quite the magic formula for it to be able cause three different eye problems, in Judd's case retroactively!

Postby TheSaviour

They all have that pedigree.

It´s like I am always really glad I have got through that stage. That´s major. And anything else after that is a more or less rubbish.

if I still need to continue to argue with the bottle then I will argue with it. It´s not the end of the world. It could be worse. It´s not like it will be with me forever. It will give up let´s say 30 years from now on. And then it´s completely over. Which is the great thing about it.

Even when people lose their mobility or a leg or an arm that´s not the end of the world either. The people can keep on battling away. If still having that great consolation. Then it is perfectly fine. The people already must now that, too. But what would be the end of the world would be if the things we read from the Holy Book wouldn´t be the truth. Of how we plan our VERY future.

Is Marco a quitter? He might be. See. There have been many really colourfull efforts from the likes of Paul Hunter or Alex Higgins while really struggling. But still trying to find THAT LIFELINE. Someone from the past just said to us Yeah, I am a quitter. YEEAAAH, you´re a quitter.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd, Ding, now Fu having eye problems,

Tell me, is it just co-incidence that they have started to use this new chalk?

I assumed it was the reflection from Fu's watch.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Marco is generally considered to be a foul man with a temper to be feared. Hopefully he can use this time away from the table to sort himself out.

Really?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Marco is generally considered to be a foul man with a temper to be feared. Hopefully he can use this time away from the table to sort himself out.

He always seemed like a nice guy to me. :shrug: :chin:

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He always seemed like a nice guy to me. :shrug: :chin:

I think he’s joking

Postby The_Abbott

I guess he has until after the China Open to confirm whether he will be at the crucible. Otherwise they need to give the 17th man a free slot and give a place to the next amateur to fill up the missing place in qualifying.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Your writing on this forum is excellent. Very funny and informative.

Postby Deewee

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Is Fu going to be at Sheffield?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhEJneSBw_y ... marcofu147 "Eyes are not any better or worse, anyway l’ve decided to play in this year’s World Championship this month! The support l got from everyone in the last few months was amazing, thank you all so much!"

Can't expect much from him if his eyes haven't improved but let's hope

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fingers crossed

and eyes crossed!

Fu does need ranking points so even one win would be good points for him. He is scheduled to drop out of the Top 16 if he loses in the first round.

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would like Fu to remain in the top 16.
I enjoy watching him play, although it has been hard over the last season.

Vintage Fu back.

I like Fu too but eye problems don't go away - its not like Trump who gets them lasered every few months - Fu is losing his sight gradually. I feel his best chance was in 2016 semi final. I'm not sure he will get that close again.