Post a reply

Re: Radio 5 live programme on illegal betting

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:the one thing i cant get my head around is the stupidity of doing this with the Ebdon v Wenbo match in the hands of the Authority and surely the penny would have dropped that everything was being Checked.

now a simple question are these 2 Scotsmen that thick and simple ??

in a nutshell YES !!

i wouldnt trust either as far as i could throw them.

Burnetts interview straight after the match had guilt written all over it, he was trying to use reverse physchology to reason how he couldnt possibly have been involved in anything, when it was clear hed rehearsed his interview and knew exactly what lines he was going to come out with to try and cover up his actions.

Very contradictory too.

One minute hes saying hes just a snooker player and doesnt pay any attention to bookies, odds etc then the next minute hes going on about missing THAT black because he was under so much pressure because he didnt want to miss it and arouse suspicion.

A lame attempt at a cover story. More like he was under so much pressure to miss it to make money for himself and his collaboraters, so thats why he made sure he missed it by such a margin. Anyone could have got closer than that with the black attempt!!

Postby Roland

As usual Monique sums it up perfectly. The Ebdon match was much easier to fix given it wasn't televised and that was thrown out.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Hearns presence made Snooker come off a lot better. It looked like a sport that has had problems but is sorting them out. If this programme had beenm made last year than a lot of damage could have been done.

Postby Wildey

im listening to the radio 5 debate

and its total bolloxxx increase price money = no match fixing...

come on any bucking player that plays for cash plays to win not lose i wouldnt throw a match for a million pounds....

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:im listening to the radio 5 debate

come on any intercoursing player that plays for cash plays to win not lose i wouldnt throw a match for a million pounds....

DOH! the lower ranked players are playing for a pittance so can make far more money fixing a match and losing it than winning it legitemately.

Hmm lose a match and make a million quid off the bookies or play fair and win it and get through to the next round and make an extra £1000.

No wonder players are tempted

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:im listening to the radio 5 debate

come on any intercoursing player that plays for cash plays to win not lose i wouldnt throw a match for a million pounds....

DOH! the lower ranked players are playing for a pittance so can make far more money fixing a match and losing it than winning it legitemately.

Hmm lose a match and make a million quid off the bookies or play fair and win it and get through to the next round and make an extra £1000.

No wonder players are tempted

fixing is very wrong and i am dead set against it, but they earn so low i can see why they fix matches

Postby Wildey

mate get rid of the scum and let the twarts earn a living down the pits or in a quarry see how they manage then....

i have no sympathy for any person that even thinks of throwing a match for cash they are scum and i would hang them from a tree for bets of how long before their body leaves theire head.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:mate get rid of the scum and let the twarts earn a living down the pits or in a quarry see how they manage then....

i have no sympathy for any person that even thinks of throwing a match for cash they are scum and i would hang them from a tree for bets of how long before their body leaves theire head.

very strong words there wild :scared:

Postby Wildey

whatever the punishement a red button hanging or a ban its wrong to do it and i have no sympathy with them if they do it.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:whatever the punishement a red button hanging or a ban its wrong to do it and i have no sympathy with them if they do it.

agreed,
if they are found quilty then i will b very much disapointed with them

Postby andreiolay212

Say if Burnett is guilty but Maguire has nothing to do with it will Maguire get an apology, also if and when Burnett gets charged what would be the implications not only on this match but matches before involving him which had irregular betting patterns.

Postby gallantrabbit

Have said all along that Burnett was guilty, but not Maguire. A bad amateur would have rattled that black, and the way he lashed at the colours before it just stank `fix`. I hope Burnett is banned just as I hoped Fransisco was years back. As for Lee, Ebdon etc, all I know is that Ebbo was in bits after his marriage broke down days before so wouldn`t suspect him.

Postby Wildey

its to easy to say players would have rattled that black ive seen John Higgins missed a easier shot without rattling it.

Postby Monique

And I have seen and heard students at exams do and say very, very daft things under high pressure and anxiety.
To me Burnett's behaviour doesn't prove anything.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Wild get your head out of the sand.

Cuckoo-cuckoo !!!!!!

what sand all i say any bucking player that does it kill the hammer if its proven..

havent got time for them...