Post a reply

Chinese Billiards Market is Soaring

Postby Amy Lai

Chinese Billiards Market is Soaring
By GBE Committee

Will Chinese billiards market sink or soar? Maybe that would be a big headache for Chinese billiards insiders decades ago, but for now, the future for billiards development in China is encouraging and assuring, which could be well illustrated from reasons below.

Hard Power in Billiards
More than 120 million Chinese reportedly have been much engaged in playing this sport in 2017. Allured by such tremendous and profitable market, the billiards accessories suppliers at home and abroad manage to take a share of it.

To enlarge the market share in China even all over the world, China Guangzhou International Billiards Exhibition(GBE) must be the first choice for insiders. That GBE’s loyal exhibitors like worldwide brands Cyclop, Aramith, Strachan 6811, Simonis, Leo, Riley Cue, McDermott Cue, Ball Teck Korea, Meilin, ect choose it is the best prove. Of course, you will see them on GBE2018 because they have booked or reserved the booths for 2018.

Undoubtedly, the booming of billiards market in China also benefited from the profound changes on billiards culture and awareness.

Soft Power in Billiards
Driven by the extraordinary achievements made by Chinese snooker players like Ding Junhui, Liang Wenbo, Chinese billiards culture is intrinsically underscored! More and more competitions are set in order to ramp up the billiards culture and prosperity.

According to the statistics issued by China Billiards Association, there were 6 out of 18 world-known snooker competitions held in China in 2016, including China Professional Tour, World Open, Shanghai Masters, Haining Open, International Championship, China Championship.

A host of domestic billiards events are also outlined every year. In Jiangsu province, the Jiangsu Billiards Association plans to recruit more than 100 teen pool players each year, aiming to boost the provincial pool industry development. In other provinces, their concerted efforts on billiards are also thrilling and inspiring by kicking off a series of events, comprising of the China Region Qualifier for 2017 ShiJiaZhuang Chinese 8-ball International Open, The Eleventh National Youth American Billiards Championship, ChengXing Global CVB Snooker Challenge, EverGrande 2017 World Snooker China Championship, etc.

It is convinced that Chinese billiards industry still has a long way to go and enormous space to develop! For the ten years to come, the billiards market development goes beyond imagination along with the mounting number of billiards enthusiasts.

For more billiards updates or Chinese billiards market reports, please reach at http://www.gbechina.com/.

Re: Chinese Billiards Market is Soaring

Postby TheSaviour

With a 8 or a 9ball the thing is you really need to hit the ball. Which the Chinese Billiards also is, isn´t it basically an 8ball.

The difference between the 8ball and the snooker is that the snooker is a dreamer´s game. You don´t need to even hit the ball. Just a minding a bit of those angles and the possible cannons. And obviously possessing a spot on cueing technique. A big, tall lads like Mark Williams and Neil Robertson always has an advantage while playing the snooker. The physics of the game are just suchs. Absolutely not need to hit the ball. MJW and Robbo would get be getting eating be alive if playing against the old german pool masters. Regardless if it is the Chinese billiards or the regurlar 8 or a 9 ball. The lads like Ralf Souquet and Oliver Ortmann can just hit the ball and still getting it right. And the top matches always comes down to the just few safety shots. Just a one even a slightly loose safety shot from some snooker ace. Ralf or Oliver think about the situation a few minutes. Then they lay out a marvellous snooker from there. That´s how those matches are to be decided.

I am always asked to play some billiards tournaments. I am always responding that I am not playing. I only play a pre-Christmas tournament on each year. A few days before the Christmas. When the players can take a few. If wanting to. And I usually ending up winning the tournament. But besides that I always respond that I am not playing. It is a billiards FFS. If it would be a snooker it would a make real difference. It is a dreamer´s game.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 27 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A lovely piece by Saviour. I love the way that he manages to challenge the conventions of language, structure & grammar whilst painting vivid pictures in the mind.

'It's a dreamer's game'.

It's true, he conjures some brilliant sentences out of the mire of Milliganesque non sequiturs. He needs an editor.

Postby SteveJJ

TheSaviour wrote:With a 8 or a 9ball the thing is you really need to hit the ball. Which the Chinese Billiards also is, isn´t it basically an 8ball.

The difference between the 8ball and the snooker is that the snooker is a dreamer´s game. You don´t need to even hit the ball. Just a minding a bit of those angles and the possible cannons. And obviously possessing a spot on cueing technique. A big, tall lads like Mark Williams and Neil Robertson always has an advantage while playing the snooker. The physics of the game are just suchs. Absolutely not need to hit the ball. MJW and Robbo would get be getting eating be alive if playing against the old german pool masters. Regardless if it is the Chinese billiards or the regurlar 8 or a 9 ball. The lads like Ralf Souquet and Oliver Ortmann can just hit the ball and still getting it right. And the top matches always comes down to the just few safety shots. Just a one even a slightly loose safety shot from some snooker ace. Ralf or Oliver think about the situation a few minutes. Then they lay out a marvellous snooker from there. That´s how those matches are to be decided.

I am always asked to play some billiards tournaments. I am always responding that I am not playing. I only play a pre-Christmas tournament on each year. A few days before the Christmas. When the players can take a few. If wanting to. And I usually ending up winning the tournament. But besides that I always respond that I am not playing. It is a billiards FFS. If it would be a snooker it would a make real difference. It is a dreamer´s game.

Let us know how you get on in your pre Christmas tournament this year. Snooker Island will be cheering you on.