Post a reply

David Douglas Joins WPBSA Board

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world_champ ... tm?tid=154
David Douglas Joins WPBSA Board
The WPBSA are delighted to announce the invitation to David Douglas, the former Detective Chief Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police Service, to become a Director of the WPBSA.

Chairman Barry Hearn commented: “David Douglas has had a hugely successful career with the Metropolitan Police culminating in him being awarded the Queen’s Police Medal for distinguished service to United Kingdom policing.

David’s primary responsibility as a Director of the WPBSA will be centred on disciplinary matters, aimed at maintaining the integrity of the game necessary in today’s sporting market.

Having worked with David as Chairman of the Darts Regulation Authority, I admire his no nonsense approach where he has brought a new level of credibility and one that will be very valuable to the ongoing success of the sport of snooker.

David’s appointment will be ratified at the next Board Meeting and I see him as a major part of the new world of snooker going forward.”

bold added by me.

Re: David Douglas Joins WPBSA Board

Postby Bourne

I don't know much about these politics and stuff Mon but do you think this is a good move ?

Postby Monique

I would think so, yes. One of the all important aspects WPBSA needs to work on is to build everyone's trust in the integrity of the game. Betting business, like Betfred, are crucial for the sponsoring of snooker and suspicions of match fixing or other similar irregularities could have devastating effects.
I f David Douglas is the kind of person who is able to inspire trust because of his background and his past experience ... well yes it's a good move.

Postby Smart

Darts has had a few controversies in the PDC side - and they seem to be handled quite efficiently - with a no nonsense approach.

Ask for instance Painter, Andy Jenkins, Lewis............. they have been disciplined for on stage antics in the recent past.

Good move by Barry. <ok>

Postby Bourne

Sounds good to me, just wish they'd sort of the respective situations of Maguire and Lee. I believe both are in the hands of the police now but it still doesn't look good, casts a very unwanted shadow over what should be a quality tournament.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I would think so, yes. One of the all important aspects WPBSA needs to work on is to build everyone's trust in the integrity of the game. Betting business, like Betfred, are crucial for the sponsoring of snooker and suspicions of match fixing or other similar irregularities could have devastating effects.
I f David Douglas is the kind of person who is able to inspire trust because of his background and his past experience ... well yes it's a good move.

getting an ex policeman on board might hurry up these ludicrously long investigation in to nothing. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Funnier if he got the Mags Lee match surely ?

rofl