Post a reply

Re: Lee Doyle resigns from WPBSA board

Postby Wildey

in principle i understand what you say but at the same time "to many cooks spoil the broth" and thats what happening in snooker.

theres so much people wanting this wanting that wanting the other with snooker in the middle being riped to shreads. we need focus we need 1 man to sort it out from within.

its the only way to go now.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:in principle i understand what you say but at the same time "to many cooks spoil the broth" and thats what happening in snooker.

theres so much people wanting this wanting that wanting the other with snooker in the middle being riped to shreads. we need focus we need 1 man to sort it out from within.

its the only way to go now.

potentially.... the problem is if you leave it all to one man, and the one man makes a mistake. then you're screwed.

Postby Smart

People need to have the mind-set that we are on a 'leap of faith' here. Barry is personally a success story. He talks about money and oozes postive vibes - compare and contrast with Rodders for instance. Barry will wheel and deal in snookers interest - the guy needs to be given a chance now....... <ok>

Postby Casey

gallantrabbit wrote:Don't worry fellas (and ladies) Now I've realised that ROS and Hendry are managed by Doyle I'm not concerned anymore. ROS and Hendry will vote with Hearn, they have already declared so. Doyle won't be as much of an influence as those two either to get his other pros on his side.
Anyone who is not in the top 16 MUST vote with Hearn. Otherwise they will continue playing for a 5 spot per frame down their local clubs.
Let's keep calm, the vote will go with Hearn :ahh:

Well actually it’s the players outside the top 16 that are most in danger. The pro tour is 25 players, so I would imagine the top 16 and some hand picked players by Hearn ie. very much like the CL. Meaning for the rest there are no extra playing opportunities what so ever, now I am sure most of the players will know whether or not they will be invited to the pro tour or not.

Postby Roland

Have you actually read Hearns letter to the players Casey boy? Sounds like you haven't because everything is based around 64 players and not 16 or 25 or whatever other number springs to mind.

Postby gallantrabbit

Case you really would have to try very hard and get up very early to be any wronger...
For gawd's sake read Hearn's letter before you start spouting nonsense.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Have you actually read Hearns letter to the players Casey boy? Sounds like you haven't because everything is based around 64 players and not 16 or 25 or whatever other number springs to mind.

My understanding that the extra playing opportunities will come from the pro tour - which will have 25 entrants?

Postby GJ

gallantrabbit wrote:Case you really would have to try very hard and get up very early to be any wronger...

<doh>

Postby Casey

gallantrabbit wrote:Case you really would have to try very hard and get up very early to be any wronger...

Eh you read it again, it says 25 entrants

Postby Monique

I read this
Tour Cards

I propose that the current PIOS tour be cancelled for 2010/11 and replaced by a Q School system to operate over four events, staged at the Academy, and played over a 14 day period following the 2011 World Professional Championship. Entry to Q School would be £1,000 and a minimum of 12 players would be awarded their tour card. Players ranked 65-96 would lose their Tour Status each year and they would be replaced by:-

2011/12 Season Proposed Qualifying Criteria

England 1
Wales 1
Scotland 1
Northern Ireland 1
Irish Republic 1
Asia 3
Europe 2
IBSF World Champ 1
IBSF U21 Champ 1
From 2010/11 PTC Events
for players not in top 64 at end of season 8
Q School Pro Cards – minimum 12
___

___

those 32 who come to complete the 64 who stay on the tour, to make it 96 just like today.

Postby Casey

I wasn't saying that the tour would be reduced to 25 players. I was just saying that the pro tour is the only 'extra' playing opportunity for the players, now I think its a great idea ok? However with a 25 player limit those who do not get invited will have no extra playing opportunities from what they have now.

So that’s why I was suggesting that these players might not be that quick to vote yes to this plan because it provides them with little extra.

Postby Roland

What pro tour are you talking about? I'm confused.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=645

4. The Players Tour Championship
Of all the proposed changes for the sport of snooker the Players Tour will possibly have the greatest effect on the revitalisation of our sport.

Based on the success of an annual Pro Tour in golf and darts its aims are:-

(i) To offer professional players substantially more events to play in and therefore more opportunities to win prize money based only on ability.
i. To act as a useful tool in spreading the game into new potential markets.
ii. To create an annual televised Pro Tour Championship.

The fundamental characteristics of the Players Tour Championship (PTC):-

1. 12 events to run from May to December (four in the UK and eight in Europe) followed by a Tour Championship February/March in the following year.
2. Open to 96 Pro Tour players.

Then the top 24 go forward to the grand finals which will presumably be held over one week or weekend.

:huh2:

It's a great idea and totally fair.

Postby Casey

It was the tour championships I meant.

"Then the top 24 go forward to the grand finals which will presumably be held over one weekend"

Also I got confused with this, I originally thought that was the limit of total players, my mistake :emu: :emu: :emu:

Well that helps the players ranked 48 and above, Hopefully the Foreign players that go home in the off season will be given some preference in terms of which events to play in.