Post a reply

Re: Ronnie threw the match.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:some one got frames article on this moderated on 606

anyway i have emailed world snooker full details of what zhang has said so we will see if they have the bottle to investigate this

Fair play to you for sending the email, but Hearn is as dodgy as previous regimes so I have no doubt it will be swept under the carpet.

doubt they can do that now its well public i agree if it was quiet they would but its gone well past that with the World Championship coming up and Zhang in full view of the press at sheffield.

Postby GJ

quagmire wrote:I have also sent an e-mail. I have asked them to keep me informed about what will be done about this.

:ahh: :afro:

Postby Tubberlad

If Ronnie has done wrong, then by all means I'm in favour of whatever punishment comes his way......... But we have been here before. What does Ronnie do with controversy? He laughs at controversy, and answers the criticism in the best way possible: by winning the very next tournament. I give you the 2010 World Champion. Sorry to disappoint.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

anyway i have emailed world snooker full details of what zhang has said so we will see if they have the bottle to investigate this

I'm not picking on you GJ, so please take this question just for what it is.....

Would you have emailed the WPBSA or, whoever it was you emailed, if these alleged (My Chinese has never been that good) reports if they had came out about Neil Robertson?

As said, not picking, just asking, genuine.

I PM'd another knowledgable soul on here my thoughts straight after it happened anyway, didn't I...... ;)

Postby quagmire

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

I'm not picking on you GJ, so please take this question just for what it is.....

Would you have emailed the WPBSA or, whoever it was you emailed, if these alleged (My Chinese has never been that good) reports if they had came out about Neil Robertson?

I PM'd another knowledgable soul on here my thoughts straight after it happened anyway, didn't I...... ;)

Since when has Neil Roberston not treid in a match? It is always Ronnie who disgraces the sport,no one else. You must take your blinkers off John from London.

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Would you have emailed the WPBSA or, whoever it was you emailed, if these alleged (My Chinese has never been that good) reports if they had came out about Neil Robertson?

I think the silence speaks volumes :evilgrin:

quagmire wrote:

Since when has Neil Roberston not treid in a match? It is always Ronnie who disgraces the sport,no one else. You must take your blinkers off John from London.

It was a hypothethical question quagmire. Let me ask you one then if you don't mind.

Why, as your article has suggested, would ROS tell Zhang Anda to get his bags packed on the 31st of March, the day he got beat, when his flight was still 24/48 hours away?

Postby GJ

quagmire wrote:

welcome to SF :D :wave:

Postby Wildey

cant answer on behalf of GJ's morralls however if i reported Ronnie id not hesitate for 1 second in reporting Stephen Hendry or anyone else.

Postby Roland

Apparently Chinese forums are all talking about Ronnie throwing the match because he was 500/1 and could pocket more for losing than winning the title. I guess that just highlights the thinking of a nation of gamblers :redneck:

And they are not exactly backing Zhang and feel he may be trying to get Ronnie into trouble.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Apparently Chinese forums are all talking about Ronnie throwing the match because he was 500/1 and could pocket more for losing than winning the title. I guess that just highlights the thinking of a nation of gamblers :redneck:

And they are not exactly backing Zhang and feel he may be trying to get Ronnie into trouble.

jesus christ Zhang will be hated by his owm people vs Hendry rofl

Postby quagmire

quagmire wrote:

It was a hypothethical question quagmire. Let me ask you one then if you don't mind.

Why, as your article has suggested, would ROS tell Zhang Anda to get his bags packed on the 31st of March, the day he got beat, when his flight was still 24/48 hours away?

Work it out. Ronnie would have finished about 9 or 10 at night and thought his flight was the next day. That would leave them only a few hours to get packed and certainly not 24 hours. Try again John.

quagmire wrote:Work it out. Ronnie would have finished about 9 or 10 at night and thought his flight was the next day. That would leave them only a few hours to get packed and certainly not 24 hours. Try again John.

Well your minds made up then. <ok>

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Apparently Chinese forums are all talking about Ronnie throwing the match because he was 500/1 and could pocket more for losing than winning the title. I guess that just highlights the thinking of a nation of gamblers :redneck:

:huh: So do they not think it should be exposed if Ronnie did throw the match?

Bourne wrote:Ronnie didn't fly back until two days later apparently.

Wouldn't surprise me....

Postby Casey

:huh: Take out the time difference and time to travel?

Postby quagmire

Haven't you read the transcript? Ronnie thought the flight was on April 1st! That would have meant he thought he was leaving in a few hours. Please read before making comments.

Postby Bourne

quagmire wrote:

Haven't you read the transcript? Ronnie thought the flight was on April 1st! That would have meant he thought he was leaving in a few hours. Please read before making comments.

I'll make whatever comment I see fit thanks.

Postby gallantrabbit

I think people should stop investigating Ronnie's every move. The other lad did have 2 very decent dishes give him some credit.
That said I'm sure Hearn was hoping from more attitude wise from Ronnie..

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'm sure if that's the case there will be an investigation. And I'm sure Zhang will no longer be Ronnie's friend!

The 2 are great friends i believe, Zhang is one of the pros at the same club as Ronnie in Romford.

the have the same manager <ok>

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:I think people should stop investigating Ronnie's every move. The other lad did have 2 very decent dishes give him some credit.
That said I'm sure Hearn was hoping from more attitude wise from Ronnie..

the problem is now its moved on from the match itself and to what Zhang alegidely said.

therefore you got to look at what Zhang said along with that easy black missed.

both incidents together doesent look good does it and it has to be investigated and both players questiond for snooker's integrity.

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:
quagmire wrote:

I'll make whatever comment I see fit thanks.

<laugh>

quagmire <cool>

Postby Smart

quagmire wrote:I sent an email to WS yesterday and have yet received no reply. Why does that not surprise me? :hmm:

did you use a correct email address.......... <laugh>

Another thought - its Easter, perhaps they are not in the office and are infact scoffing chocolate eggs whilst watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. :redneck:

Postby Wildey

quagmire wrote:I sent an email to WS yesterday and have yet received no reply. Why does that not surprise me? :hmm:

yes its a Bank Holiday <ok>

Postby Sickpotter

I think we should wait to see what the WPBSA has to say before deciding guilt or innocence.

IMO, match fixing or throwing matches is about the worst thing a professional can do for the sport's reputation so rather than dwell on hypotheticals I'd rather some facts.

Allegations of match fixing/dumping are very serious so I doubt anything will be written in a reputable newspaper until the board decides to take action.

Postby Smart

thinking about this in the cold light of day, nothing will come of this - too hard to prove, but what cannot be denied is that snooker is further muddied by ,'that match'......

Personnally things like this leave a bad taste and tarnish what happened in the rest of the tourney, cos you are wondering 'what if'........

Oh well, bring on Sheffield.