Post a reply

Rocket Ronnie’s American Hustle

Postby Dan-cat

History UK has ordered Rocket Ronnie’s American Hustle, a four episode travelogue fronted by Ronnie O’Sullivan which follows the snooker champion as he travels to the United States to discover the history and characters involved in the game of pool.

Rocket Ronnie’s American Hustle will see O’Sullivan joined by sports broadcaster and friend Matt Smith, as they explore all facets of pool culture in the USA. The duo will visit some of America’s most exciting and historic cities, discovering their hidden gems and highlights as well as seeking out local pool sharks and playing them at their own game.

“I’m excited to be travelling with my mate, Matt Smith, across America”, Ronnie O’Sullivan said in a statement. “There will be some places I’ve never been to before and I’m looking forward to working with History as it’s the channel that’s letting me do something different and indulge my sense of adventure.”

The four-part travelogue was commissioned by History UK’s Director of Programming Rachel Job and is being produced by independent production company North One Television. Chris Amess is the series producer, while John Quinn will executive produce for North One and Diana Carter will executive produce for History UK. All3media International will handle global sales.

“History is excited to be working with British sporting icon Ronnie O’Sullivan, taking viewers on this unique US road trip”, added History UK’s Director of Programming Rachel Job. “This commission continues History’s track record in bringing much-loved British household names to the channel to share their passion for diverse topics and pursuits – from Sean Bean on Waterloo to Shaun Ryder’s UFOs as well as working with Freddie Flintoff as our History brand ambassador in the UK.”

https://ronnieo147.com/2016/07/28/more- ... he-hustle/

Re: Rocket Ronnie’s American Hustle

Postby Gridlock

And will Ronnie discover no way to legitimately watch the sport he plays?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Rocket Ronnie’s American Hustle will see O’Sullivan joined by sports broadcaster and friend Matt Smith, as they explore all facets of pool culture in the USA.

Postby Andy Spark

The trailer is out now. Sorry I can't get the direct link to the video, but it's on this facebook page, and on Ronnie's facebook page. :-)

I would suggest Ronnie is much better at this TV medium than in the written genre. :-)
https://www.facebook.com/HISTORYUK/vide ... 248865885/

Postby Cloud Strife

This is on tonight at 10 on the History channel. The first of 4 episodes to air every Thursday.

I might give it a watch. Anybody else planning to tune in?

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:This is on tonight at 10 on the History channel. The first of 4 episodes to air every Thursday.

I might give it a watch. Anybody else planning to tune in?

I love pool and I love Ronnie. So yes :)

Off to play killer tonight. Last week I won both pots - cane home with £80!

Postby TheSaviour

Yes I read he was there last summer. But his form since then, or to be more precise, since and during the last 11 months has been rubbish. But Welsh Open 2016.. Oh boy, never quite seen anything like it before or after. Hoping he could find a form like that again. When he got even a one lose red he was quaranteed to make at least 90 break. No-one was able to live with it at all. Every positional shot he played was a spot on. Not from the book but smart.

The age is no problem even when playing snooker. Players just need to take it correctly. Just go over the line. Then you can find that same physical invincible-feeling that naturally comes when you are young. Just go over the line and don´t mind even if it is unorthodox. For example when Rhys Clark beat Peter Ebdon 2days ago Rhys obviously had that correct age. If Peter only had.. Never mind. Peter having it all. The wisdom, the natural talent, he has learned a lot´s of things. But even those things doesn´t count if your opponent is invincible and you are not. Let´s hope Stephen Hendry has had some "preparations" now when world seniors tournament is starring by Stephen. He certainly is already a veteran.

Postby Dan-cat

Saviour... 3 finals and the Masters. Rubbish. Agreed though... his Welsh Open form was the best I've ever seen, it was like watching him practice.

Anyway, where can I watch RRAH??? I don't have Sky / history or whatever... HELP!!

Postby Dan-cat

QSM wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Saviour... 3 finals and the Masters. Rubbish. Agreed though... his Welsh Open form was the best I've ever seen, it was like watching him practice.

Anyway, where can I watch RRAH??? I don't have Sky / history or whatever... HELP!!

As always, youtube to the rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC4P5mVrotQ

Thank you!!!! :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: