Post a reply

Livesport is gone?

Postby Gridlock

I get news that livesport is DONE. WTF!!!! what fresh hell news does anyone have? Hearns owes me @40 dolla.
Last edited by Gridlock on 10 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Livesport is gone?

Postby snooky147

Snookerroom gone too, copyright issues apparently. I feel the huge heavy hand of Barry Hearn on this.

Postby SteveJJ

Whether this is down to the Eurosport deal, I don't know.

Regardless of that, it would only have survived if more people subscribed and apparently not enough did.

Although Eurosport mooted screening the world championship qualifiers, I can't imagine they would be keen on broadcasting other qualifiers, even online. I look forward to being proved wrong.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:Whether this is down to the Eurosport deal, I don't know.

Regardless of that, it would only have survived if more people subscribed and apparently not enough did.

Although Eurosport mooted screening the world championship qualifiers, I can't imagine they would be keen on broadcasting other qualifiers, even online. I look forward to being proved wrong.

All Qualifiers will be covered by Eurosport Player.

Postby SnookerFan

Really? I only signed up last summer for a year, so they probably haven't taken my money out for next season yet. I'll check that.

Seems a shame really.

Qualifiers only being shown on Eurosport player, right? Not the actual channels?

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Whether this is down to the Eurosport deal, I don't know.

All Qualifiers will be covered by Eurosport Player.

Oh good, at least they are being shown somewhere!

Postby Gridlock

So far nothing for outside Europe ie the US. Plus nothing about an archive.

Postby Gridlock

An update or lack thereof actually. Eurosport player not available in the US, and no word on streaming for the rest of the planet.Plus still no pro rata refund on livesport. Anyone get their refund yet?

Postby Gridlock

Anybody got any insight on what's going on with a new streaming service. Even Eurosport only has 2 weeks to get something off the ground. Still won't be worth anything to world wide fans. At least got the refund finally.