Post a reply

Re: Ebdon and others speak out against Hearn

Postby gallantrabbit

I will rapidly lose interest in professional snooker if this deal is rejected. I've always liked Ebdon as a player and personally, but does he not realize snooker is drinking in the last chance saloon. Grab this deal with both hands. Hearn is not going to be interested in doing something where there is nothing in it for him. What they are forgetting is that there will be a whole lot in it for them too. One fram 5 frame snooker is the side show. Sometimes you need side shows to keep the main even bubbling. See sense fellows.

Postby Wildey

id like them to develope this 5 frame format for the World Open to if you win 3-0 or 3-1 then match over but if it goes 2-2 then its first to 4 and if it goes 3-3 then its first to 5.

i just find best of 5s boring matches.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:peter :bowdown: :ahh:

give me any good reason why a NO vote will be better for snooker in the long run????? <doh>

peter has more intelligence than most snooker players so if he has big doubts about hearn's proposals i will be listening to peter on this

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

give me any good reason why a NO vote will be better for snooker in the long run????? <doh>

peter has more intelligence than most snooker players so if he has big doubts about hearn's proposals i will be listening to peter on this

Its called self interests GJ, theres no other reason other than selfish and narrow minded reasons for Ebdon speaking out against Hearn.

If hes that anti-hearn why did he take part in Hearns Championship Leagues best of 5s last week, two faced git. Ive lost all respect and admiration i had for Ebdon. Its a real shame as i was a massive fan of him for over 15 years but this outburst from him has totally changed my opinion and i can now officially announce i will be cheering on Dott against him at the Crucible.

Ebdon knows his top level playing days are coming to an end, so hes keen for things to remain run as they are under the WPSBA banner as hes a front runner to end up on the board making money from that.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:If hes that anti-hearn why did he take part in Hearns Championship Leagues best of 5s last week, two faced git. Ive lost all respect and admiration i had for Ebdon.

well said witz, i agree

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote: i can now officially announce i will be cheering on Dott against him at the Crucible.

You know it makes sense

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Trust me on this 1 mate Peter Ebdon is saying the same things he said 10 years ago.

what good did it do snooker ?

in the last 10 years peter has made a tidy sum of money out of the old regime what he sais today is not for the best of the game but for selfish reasons.

i think the only hope snooker has is to stick together on this..if barry hearn goes his separate ways and then the players will be puppet in his circus at least as it is under the banner of the WSA they will still have a say in how the game moves forward but with Barry making important day to day decisions to move snooker in the right direction we hope.

Postby gallantrabbit

Unless Ebdon has been on huges back handers then he could certainly make more money from Hearn's new regime than Walker's old one. The boy was weened on best of fives and his game isn't finished. Unfortunately many see Hearn as a cockney fly boy still, they should open up their minds and look at the alternatives.