Post a reply

Re: Dave H. reflections on Barry Hearns plan...

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:I think china open needs the be elevated to an higher prestige

so do i thats why it should have a UK Championship format now its done it apprenticeship.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

i agree too, its time for a so-called Major in China to cement the progress thats been made in the Far East development of the game.

However one thing i think Hearn ought to be doing is seeking far greater sponsorship money in China. We are led to believe that TV audiences of 100 million plus are common for snooker in China so how we are left with a main event of the China Open with only (cant be bothered checking) around 250k in prize money is pretty paltry.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:I think china open needs the be elevated to an higher prestige

so do i thats why it should have a UK Championship format now its done it apprenticeship.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

i agree too, its time for a so-called Major in China to cement the progress thats been made in the Far East development of the game.

However one thing i think Hearn ought to be doing is seeking far greater sponsorship money in China. We are led to believe that TV audiences of 100 million plus are common for snooker in China so how we are left with a main event of the China Open with only (cant be bothered checking) around 250k in prize money is pretty paltry.

your right the chinese are crazy over snooker even the girls love it. yes i vote majour status andmore money, the communists have the money <laugh>

Postby Wildey

ps

ive read through barry hearns proposals more thorough in the last 30 mins and the more i look at them the more excited i am with them but as ive said before i want to see them working and want to see tournaments having that buzz about them again im sceptical of him but i will be the first to say i got it wrong when i see it happening.

what is the most exciting thing is hearing him talking about a rolling ranking that in itself will create a buzz at ranking tournaments.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:ps

ive read through barry hearns proposals more thorough in the last 30 mins and the more i look at them the more excited i am with them but as ive said before i want to see them working and want to see tournaments having that buzz about them again im sceptical of him but i will be the first to say i got it wrong when i see it happening.

what is the most exciting thing is hearing him talking about a rolling ranking that in itself will create a buzz at ranking tournaments.

im framing this comment from wild and keeping it forever :love:

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:

yes bookmark it for reference in 12 months time you can bring it out when we will have a idea which way its going humble pie or witz on toast <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

yes bookmark it for reference in 12 months time you can bring it out when we will have a idea which way its going humble pie or witz on toast <laugh>

<laugh>

Postby Witz78

yeh its certainly nworth a few reads over, theres a hell of a lot to take in.

I know your never going to be Barry Hearns biggest fan, but im glad your recognising that theres no realistic alternative to his plans, and that its a gamble that has to be taken for the future of the game.

For me in 3 months, the positivity and honest common sense Hearn speaks is a million miles better than the silence, spin and waffle that Rodney Walker gave the sport in 5 years (or however long it was, seemed like a lifetime <doh> )

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:

I know your never going to be Barry Hearns biggest fan, but im glad your recognising that theres no realistic alternative to his plans, and that its a gamble that has to be taken for the future of the game.

For me in 3 months, the positivity and honest common sense Hearn speaks is a million miles better than the silence, spin and waffle that Rodney Walker gave the sport in 5 years (or however long it was, seemed like a lifetime <doh> )

this comment is the comment of the day <ok> <ok> :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

what ive come to realise in the last 2 hours even can it really be worst than what we had last few years.....even if he cant do all of it even if he cant fullfill what hes promised what we have now will still be there so what are we going to lose.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

well, were only 43 minutes into the day so im only really an early contender rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:what ive come to realise in the last 2 hours even can it really be worst than what we had last few years.....even if he cant do all of it even if he cant fullfill what hes promised what we have now will still be there so what are we going to lose.

hearn is the future, im happy to hear your finally accepting it <ok> :D

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

well, were only 43 minutes into the day so im only really an early contender rofl

rofl

well im not going to be a contender for the next 7 hours anyway lol

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:what ive come to realise in the last 2 hours even can it really be worst than what we had last few years.....even if he cant do all of it even if he cant fullfill what hes promised what we have now will still be there so what are we going to lose.

exactly, why settle for only having an Audi when you can also have a Ford as well which may eventually be exhanged for a Rolls Royce :john:

Its a no-brainer really though.

More tournaments
More money
A fuller calendar for the fans and players
Professional players finally having a profession rather than a part time hobby
Instant chance for releagted pros to get back on tour at the Q-school
A concrete plan in place for the growth of the sport
Innovate and fresh new ideas
Chance for players characters to emerge / engage with public
Real opportunities for ambitious players to aim for the top
Rolling rankings
Tournament getting their own identities
Majors remaining as they are for the purists
Love him or hate him, a man with a proven track record of success in charge
Increased exposure abroad, at home on other TV channels etc
Increased interest in the sport
Certainty of the future of the sport

A no-vote is the complete opposite to this and will result in the demise of the game slowly but surely.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:

exactly, why settle for only having an Audi when you can also have a Ford as well which may eventually be exhanged for a Rolls Royce :john:

Its a no-brainer really though.

More tournaments
More money
A fuller calendar for the fans and players
Professional players finally having a profession rather than a part time hobby
Instant chance for releagted pros to get back on tour at the Q-school
A concrete plan in place for the growth of the sport
Innovate and fresh new ideas
Chance for players characters to emerge / engage with public
Real opportunities for ambitious players to aim for the top
Rolling rankings
Tournament getting their own identities
Majors remaining as they are for the purists
Love him or hate him, a man with a proven track record of success in charge
Increased exposure abroad, at home on other TV channels etc
Increased interest in the sport
Certainty of the future of the sport

A no-vote is the complete opposite to this and will result in the demise of the game slowly but surely.

excelent post <ok>