Post a reply

Re: 2010/2011 Calendar Revealed!!!

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:I wish that were true. Could snooker sell out the sort of stadia darts is playing to these days?

easy if you gave them a bar to get snake hissed at while watching.

really?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:I wish that were true. Could snooker sell out the sort of stadia darts is playing to these days?

easy if you gave them a bar to get snake hissed at while watching.

really?

yes you do know 100% thats sitting in a snooker audience there to watch snooker wether darts fans like it or not far less than that %%% are there because they watch darts they could have had a stripper,kareoke, concert anything on stage its a club and people go for a night out.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Well with Sky you can guarantee live coverage from several minutes before the first break-off until well after the last handshake and no interruptions apart from commercials for the duration. And it will be in HD.

ITV4 also has the capacity to do this apart from the HD bit.

I may seem like I am nit-picking here, but I fail to see how that is guaranteed. They might have the capacity to do that, but that doesn't make it a guarantee. I don't understand how it is guaranteed start to finish, no interruptions any more then it is on the BBC. If Sky could come in, and make promises to show all the matches of a tournament and not be limited to two even if there are more then two games, then I might see your point. But, do we have such promises or guarantees? Or is there something I have missed...

I am not trying to undermine you, but I think the BBC coverage is pretty top-notch, what with the red button and being able to watch it over the internet. Could it really be that good if it was Sky? We certainly wouldn't get over the internet coverage, like we do at the BBC. Sky would have to guarantee this to take it off of terrestrial television and put it on Sky Sports, that not everybody has.

Postby Casey

The Calendar is a hell of a lot better than last year. Especially as the gap between the Welsh and China is much smaller. However there are no ranking events in October or November, so hopefully Barry can get something in there. :)

Postby Wildey

what i want to see happening is putting a calender together that can integrate a rolling Ranking system so to do that the gap between the china open and the World Championship has to get wider so that all WC Qualifying and the draw is done after the china open with a brand new top 16 seeded through as of right based on their season success in all tournaments.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:The Calendar is a hell of a lot better than last year. Especially as the gap between the Welsh and China is much smaller. However there are no ranking events in October or November, so hopefully Barry can get something in there. :)

I'd like to see one that was perhaps a bit longer then the new one in Germany. Having a 'long weekend' one is good, but why not have one that lasts a week in either Germany, or somewhere else in Europe where snooker is popular.

I think I'm drifting into the realms of fantasy though. I think Hearn will probably come up with newer formats such as the one I mentioned, rather then just put traditional type tournaments in popular areas.

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well with Sky you can guarantee live coverage from several minutes before the first break-off until well after the last handshake and no interruptions apart from commercials for the duration. And it will be in HD.

ITV4 also has the capacity to do this apart from the HD bit.

I may seem like I am nit-picking here, but I fail to see how that is guaranteed. They might have the capacity to do that, but that doesn't make it a guarantee. I don't understand how it is guaranteed start to finish, no interruptions any more then it is on the BBC. If Sky could come in, and make promises to show all the matches of a tournament and not be limited to two even if there are more then two games, then I might see your point. But, do we have such promises or guarantees? Or is there something I have missed...

I am not trying to undermine you, but I think the BBC coverage is pretty top-notch, what with the red button and being able to watch it over the internet. Could it really be that good if it was Sky? We certainly wouldn't get over the internet coverage, like we do at the BBC. Sky would have to guarantee this to take it off of terrestrial television and put it on Sky Sports, that not everybody has.

I wasn't talking about taking any BBC events away from the BBC, but I'm just saying from experience that whenever Sky Sports cover and event, they cover it. And I mean cover it! They won't miss a thing.

Postby Eirebilly

case_master wrote:The Calendar is a hell of a lot better than last year. Especially as the gap between the Welsh and China is much smaller. However there are no ranking events in October or November, so hopefully Barry can get something in there. :)

I am pretty sure that Mr Hearn will come up with something around this time. :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

eirebilly wrote:

I am pretty sure that Mr Hearn will come up with something around this time. :ahh:

I just can't understand why there is no week long ranker in Germany. Do you think Hearn is testing the waters first with the short version?

Postby SnookerFan

Templeton Peck wrote:Maybe the broadcaster doesn't was to commit to a full week's coverage.

Maybe. Seems odd that it wouldn't, considering how popular we are led to believe the sport is. And you could tell watching John Higgin's World Series there was at least some truth to that.

But there must be a logical reason, you're right. We don't really know the ins and outs of it. I was just curious.