Post a reply

Itv coverage

Postby Ronnie79

The only thing that lets this package down is Jill Douglas. Everytime she opens her mouth it is cringe. They should get a right presenter.

Re: Itv coverage

Postby Andy Spark

Clive Everton keeps saying things like "Oh, what a treat for this audience" or when the camera does pan to the sparse and slightly morose looking crowd "Oh, they're all absolutely enraptured by this". You can tell that what he really means is "I'm absolutely loving this turgid 20 minute safety battle on the colours, consisting of just 5 shots each but 2 minute thinking times between each one".

I'm missing the old shot clock Premier League myself! The old rat-a-tat-tat of exchanged safety play, the old times when Ronnie would make quickfire 70+ break after quickfire 70+ break after quickfire 70+ break, all to a samba beat, and the breaks would never stop flowing unless it was by Lord Ronnie's express permission. :drums:

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Spark wrote:Clive Everton keeps saying things like "Oh, what a treat for this audience" or when the camera does pan to the sparse and slightly morose looking crowd "Oh, they're all absolutely enraptured by this". You can tell that what he really means is "I'm absolutely loving this turgid 20 minute safety battle on the colours, consisting of just 5 shots each but 2 minute thinking times between each one".

I'm missing the old shot clock Premier League myself! The old rat-a-tat-tat of exchanged safety play, the old times when Ronnie would make quickfire 70+ break after quickfire 70+ break after quickfire 70+ break, all to a samba beat, and the breaks would never stop flowing unless it was by Lord Ronnie's express permission. :drums:

The best thing that has happened to snooker is getting rid of the shot clock league. Now they just need to get of The Championship League.

I agree Jill Douglas is garbage. The commentators are more balanced on ITV. BBC need to follow suit.

Postby Muppet147

I like McManus, especially when he is in the commentary box with Clive Everton.

There is not a word wasted. Much better than that hammer Willie Thorne and the imbecilic Dennis Taylor,.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Clive Everton keeps saying things like "Oh, what a treat for this audience" or when the camera does pan to the sparse and slightly morose looking crowd "Oh, they're all absolutely enraptured by this". You can tell that what he really means is "I'm absolutely loving this turgid 20 minute safety battle on the colours, consisting of just 5 shots each but 2 minute thinking times between each one".

Why would anyone in their right mind miss the Shot Clock crap.

isnt it a sign in itself that its been scraped prove to you that it was a novelty that wore very thin and it contributed rubbish to the Sport.

Postby armchair de critique

Wildey wrote:

Why would anyone in their right mind miss the Shot Clock crap.

isnt it a sign in itself that its been scraped prove to you that it was a novelty that wore very thin and it contributed rubbish to the Sport.

<ok>