Post a reply

Re: Ronnie had a car accident!

Postby vodkadiet

Did no one find it ironic that the crash happened in Leicester?

Postby Roland

Yes very. I mean imagine god forbid if it had been a bad accident like fatally bad. The last night of his life losing his crown like that and showing such humility in defeat, expressing what a good mental state he was in and at peace with himself, and then having the accident near Leicester, home of his conqueror. In many ways it would have been incredibly poignant. Thank buck he's ok though obviously and his little kid.

Postby vodkadiet

Yes, Sonny. If he had been killed it would have taken the gloss off of Selby's moment of glory.

Postby Roland

vodkadiet wrote:Yes, Sonny. If he had been killed it would have taken the gloss off of Selby's moment of glory.

The king is dead, long live the king

:redneck:

Postby Roland

Haha that was from a few years ago I think. It's certainly not a motorway anyway. I guess when all is said and done they've updated all the crash barriers on the central reservations and are continuing to do so here in the UK so motorway fatalities are rare.

It's a bugbear of mine, I've been held up in numerous traffic jams due to the building of these concrete central barriers, including when I got back from Berlin and had to watch Ding beat Trump on my phone when sat stationary. If only they put as much money into widening the motorways and filling in potholes as a safety measure. But anyway...

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Haha that was from a few years ago I think. It's certainly not a motorway anyway. I guess when all is said and done they've updated all the crash barriers on the central reservations and are continuing to do so here in the UK so motorway fatalities are rare.

It's a bugbear of mine, I've been held up in numerous traffic jams due to the building of these concrete central barriers, including when I got back from Berlin and had to watch Ding beat Trump on my phone when sat stationary. If only they put as much money into widening the motorways and filling in potholes as a safety measure. But anyway...

You should create a motoring section on these pages.

Going back to the latest crash I can just imagine O'Sullivan seeing the Leicester road sign and being distracted by thoughts of Selby.

Postby Wildey

Thank God they are alright but buck me Ronnie not had a good Weekend with anything Leicester has he

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:I hope it was Selby's garden fence Ronnie smashed into.

Unfortunately not. But seriously, this is not the first car crash Ronnie has had in the last 5 years. He's obviously a crap driver. Steve Davis once said he had no intention of ever getting into a car that Ronnie was driving and that was before he'd had even one accident! Also, you hear other stuff about his driving, like when he said he was driving and feeling absolutely shattered in 2012.

IMO Ronnie's driving has to be a concern for Ronnie fans. Ronnie should seriously consider getting someone to drive him around.

Postby Skullman

I think there was an incident last year when he was caught doing 90 (or perhaps more) in 30 zone as well. I remember people getting outraged by it.

Hopefully this was unavoidable and he being careful for once, especially with Ronnie Jr. in the car.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:I think there was an incident last year when he was caught doing 90 (or perhaps more) in 30 zone as well. I remember people getting outraged by it.

Hopefully this was unavoidable and he being careful for once, especially with Ronnie Jr. in the car.

If that is true he should have had his licence taken away. People who drive at 90 in a 30 zone are brainless.

Postby Vallomas

Alyt wrote:But he drove right after the final? Or the next day?

Right after the final, the accident took place at about 1:30 AM of Tuesday.

Postby Alyt

Vallomas wrote:

If i had that money, after a WC final, i would take a taxi.

Postby Sickpotter

Alyt wrote:
Vallomas wrote:

If i had that money, after a WC final, i would take a taxi.

Cabbies won't cash any cheque over 100,000 ;-)

Postby vodkadiet

AC or LT? wrote:Surely the common sense thing would have been to book into a hotel nearby or go out for a night in sheffield?

He wanted to get as far away from Selby as possible!

Postby Smart

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ben Woollaston on Twitter:

"can't believe this I was driving back saw car crashed, I saw a man and a boy in his arms run to other side must been Ronnie"

" car didn't look to bad is was just before junction for leicester!"

Rubber necker :td:

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Surely the common sense thing would have been to book into a hotel nearby or go out for a night in sheffield?

Of course Ronnie wanted to be as far away as possible, he knew Selby was going to sing at the afterparty.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Of course Ronnie wanted to be as far away as possible, he knew Selby was going to sing at the afterparty.

Yes, he's hardly Dominic Dale!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Yes, he's hardly Dominic Dale!

LOL, but Selby actually does his karaoke thing pretty well I must say, it isn't that bad by any means.

Dale is all about opera <laugh>