Post a reply

Re: Stephen Lee Statement

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Why does the full frame between McGuire and Burnett never get posted on youtube ? I do remember someone here saying it sometimes gets put up but then it gets taken down again as soon as it posted

From what I've read on these pages I'm very intrigued by this frame which people have stated has been the most blatant example of cheating in the history of the game

Postby gallantrabbit

I've never seen the whole frame but from the green onwards it's clear as day that Burnett was trying to chuck it.

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:the best bit was when he fluked that pink

it def used to be on youtube too from the colours onwards

Postby Roland

Yes it did and the blue was suspect as well I seem to remember. I mean it went in but it wasn't the correct shot.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:the best bit was when he fluked that pink

The face that spoke a thousand words (or maybe ££'s in this case), I never seen anybody look as nervous in my life.

Postby Lucky

Deferred till Wednesday. .......What a snake hiss take.

Postby Roland

Seeing a lot of comments like that. It's not a snake hiss take, it's how it works. The life ban will come tomorrow.

Postby Roland

This from PSB Matt who is a solicitor:

"World Snooker confirming that the Lee decision will be delivered tomorrow following a hearing today. Makes sense, counsel for Lee and the WPBSA were presumably heard today and a final decision wouldn't have been made before that. So then the sentence and the wording of it will be finalised tonight and delivered tomorrow, so we shall see."

Postby Lucky

Life time ban will be brave decision. Notoriously hard to make stick, almost certain appeal by Lee. The sporting arbitration people get twitchy at the thought.

Postby Roland

I think the fact he's 39 makes it an easier decision to enforce. If he was 20 then you'd think an appeal would be successful within 10 years or so.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I think the fact he's 39 makes it an easier decision to enforce. If he was 20 then you'd think an appeal would be successful within 10 years or so.

I had this conversation with somebody the other day. He was calling for something shorter than a lifetime ban. (Which I was disagreeing with, I believe somebody caught in matchfixing should be banned for life.)

The thing is though, in this particular case, it might be inconsequential. If Lee was given a ten year ban, would he even bother trying to come back in his late 40s?

Postby gallantrabbit

Saying that though 10 years is an awful long time to stay out. There's no way he could make a comeback. Even Ronnie would struggle.
Fransisco got 8 years(?). Lee was done on multiple charges so I'd be surprised if he got less than 15. Job centre for you my son.

Postby Wildey

Anything short of a life ban is not on.

you want young 16 year olds coming in to the game thinking Lifetime is a Long time not ohhh well 10 years ill only be 26 still young enough IF i get caught.

Postby roy142857

Problem is it's down to the arbitration people not World Snooker, and Lee will have correctly argued that the offenses took place before the change in rules which have a lifetime ban as the standard and anything less as exceptional circumstances. The Hann case could be seen as a precedent under the old rules.

Will be delighted if it IS a lifetime ban, but probably just as pleased if it was an effective lifetime ban by giving several years for each offense but not having them run concurrently. Fearing 8 years starting from when he was suspended is more likely though.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Be funny if he got a joke sentence like Piggins got rofl

his name is Higgins please get it right don't want to start getting heavy BUT I WILL.

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:

his name is Higgins please get it right don't want to start getting heavy BUT I WILL.

Please start sentences with a capital letter, I dont want to have to mention this again but I will if necessary. <ok>

Postby snooky147

Smart wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Please start sentences with a capital letter, I dont want to have to mention this again but I will if necessary. <ok>

Cut the crap mate, BEHAVE.