Post a reply

Re: Stephen Lee Statement

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:Wild how would unfairly "sacrificing" player help the sport or its image? Two of the highest values in sport are fairness and ethics. That's why cheats must be punished firmly, but that's also why no innocent EVER should be punished under the pretext that nobody is bigger than the sport. If they are innocent they should not be punished, it's that simple and dumping its ethics is never to help any sports image.

teach players even think about it and your done for.

i never asked anyone to agree so respect my view to express a opinion without bucking arguing.

And YOU respect my right to answer when you are promoting an attitude that goes against all values in sport. No INNOCENT should ever been punished. It won't do any good to anyone, and certainly not to the image conveyed by the sport itself.

If a player if found guilty of anything that puts the integrity of the sport at risk, ban them. I say BAN them with no return and I wish this would have been applied in cases of the past. But not before they are PROVEN guilty.

Postby GJ

Have to agree mon and im disappointed in wild

I think though if it was a player he supported lets say selby and say mark was innocent no way would wild say oh im happy for his career to be over

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:Wild how would unfairly "sacrificing" player help the sport or its image? Two of the highest values in sport are fairness and ethics. That's why cheats must be punished firmly, but that's also why no innocent EVER should be punished under the pretext that nobody is bigger than the sport. If they are innocent they should not be punished, it's that simple and dumping its ethics is never to help any sports image.

teach players even think about it and your done for.

i never asked anyone to agree so respect my view to express a opinion without bucking arguing.

And YOU respect my right to answer when you are promoting an attitude that goes against all values in sport. No INNOCENT should ever been punished. It won't do any good to anyone, and certainly not to the image conveyed by the sport itself.

If a player if found guilty of anything that puts the integrity of the sport at risk, ban them. I say BAN them with no return and I wish this would have been applied in cases of the past. But not before they are PROVEN guilty.

innocent until proven guilty just helps people believe they can get away with it.

its a sad state of affairs but the law in general is a ass.

we need proper way to detect tossers but until then world snooker is totally correct in the action taken.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Have to agree mon and im disappointed in wild

I think though if it was a player he supported lets say selby and say mark was innocent no way would wild say oh im happy for his career to be over

id be tougher and felt let down.

Postby GJ

fair play then mate i respect your opinion

Postby Monique

wild I NEVER said that WSA decision to suspend Lee isn't the right one. I trust them to have good reasons to act this way and if they don't then I've no doubts that they will face legal action, but I would actually be surprised if it turned that way. BUT the idea that it's OK for innocents to be punished in the hope to instill fear is plain wrong and might even be counter-productive. It's never healthy when people feel they have nothing to lose because they won't be dealt with fairly anyway.

Postby Witz78

you talk some trash Wild

where was this moral high ground from you on the Higgins affair

no scandal was close to the scale of Higgins incident in terms of press coverage, plus the video was seen by all.

Never heard you claiming Higgins should be banned for life immediately in the wake of that scandal breaking.

One rule for your favourites and another for the ones you dont like.

Go back to hiding in Denmark please like you have done all week during this tinpot event :D

Postby GJ

To be fair wild has made no secret he dislikes higgins so that doesnt add up witz

Postby Witz78

why didnt he want Higgins banned for life then as soon as the story broke or even just for the fact that video painted snooker in a bad light plus Higgins was guilty of disrepute.

Cos he was a bigger name than Lee ?

Postby Witz78

and before then trigger happy mods Snooky and Sickpotter go off on one just cos ive mentioned you know who, im not really talking about his case, im just using it as a comparison to Lees to show Wilds a hypocrit.

Postby GJ

im puzzled by that but .....

Postby Casey

It’s important to remember that Lee will get a fair hearing by an independent party. Should he be found innocent then I have no doubt the legal cases will keep on coming with lawsuit after lawsuit – this is what makes me believe that the case against Lee must be strong for them to suspend him.

Postby GJ

casey

your an allen fan did mark score great in thier final or was it lee playing bad

My reasoning for asking is before that match lee was in brilliant form and afterwards he was brilliant.form.

Postby Witz78

one bad performance counts for nothing in the scale of things though, otherwise every player would be due a ban

AND

regardless of whether the evidence is strong or weak, the player should definetly not be suspended pending an investigation even being determined. I can almost see the argument for suspending them once an investigation begins, though i dont agree with it, but whilst WS are studying evidence on someone to see if there is a case to answer, the player shouldnt be suspended.

Infact the initial WS inquiries to see if theres a case to answer to, should be kept secret, because if a player is suspended in future, then they find theres no case to answer to, then that players names muck for no reason at all.

Obviously with Lee, theyve decided he does have a case to answer, so there must be something untoward, so then its fair enough to publicly name him and announce the investigation is happening.

Postby GJ

just saying mate he was on a roll so a 10-1 defeat in the middle of the best form of his career ......

Postby Alpha

I just wonder why these matches (which are 4-5 years old) have only come to be investigated now.....Lee was arrested in 2010 in connection with matches at the 2008 Malta Cup I believe

I will say that snooker relies way too heavily on the betting industry for sponsorship, what is going to happen if the betting companies start pulling out like the tobcco firms were foced to 10 years ago? Where will snooker be then?

Postby Casey

GJ wrote:casey

My reasoning for asking is before that match lee was in brilliant form and afterwards he was brilliant.form.

Allen played well, but 10-1 was very unexpected. Lee was well off form but I doubt any player would throw a ranking final.

Postby Monique

The reason they come out only now in the WSA investigation is that they had to wait for the closing of the criminal case to get access to the evidence and start their own case, which is about breach of the sports rules as opposed to actual crime as defined by the law. Any action on their part before that would be seen as interfering with the justice case in progress.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
GJ wrote:casey

Allen played well, but 10-1 was very unexpected. Lee was well off form but I doubt any player would throw a ranking final.

cheers didnt see it so wasnt sure

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:and before then trigger happy mods Snooky and Sickpotter go off on one just cos ive mentioned you know who, im not really talking about his case, im just using it as a comparison to Lees show Wilds a hypocrit.

You are fine in mentioning him in the context that you are.

Also, someone earlier quoted about snooker being too reliant on the betting companies.
This would have happened regardless of that. Does anyone honestly think otherwise. There are
A myriad of in play options and exchange betting that I will not even pretend to understand that I
Would assume could be manipulated by a parakeet. Truth is we wont know until the hearings are done.

Wild, your policy of sacrificing the one, even if innocent for the good of the game is callous at best and shows little or no regard towards the players. The association do a good enough job damaging the players as is.

Apologies for any mistakes, typing on a tablet is murderous.

Postby Alpha

That was me talking about how reliant snooker is on the betting industry for sponsorship Snooky. I'm just wondering how many more betting scandals the sport can take before the betting companies have finally had enough. Then snooker will be back to where it was after the tobacco companies pulled out.

Postby snooky147

Alpha wrote:That was me talking about how reliant snooker is on the betting industry for sponsorship Snooky. I'm just wondering how many more betting scandals the sport can take before the betting companies have finally had enough. Then snooker will be back to where it was after the tobacco companies pulled out.

Fair enough mate but the point still stands that when there are soooo many live in play bets they can't really be surprised when some of the more unscrupulous elements amongst us try to take advantage of it. I don't see why they would feel the need to pull the plug on any sponsorship deals.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:you talk some trash Wild

where was this moral high ground from you on the Higgins affair

no scandal was close to the scale of Higgins incident in terms of press coverage, plus the video was seen by all.

Never heard you claiming Higgins should be banned for life immediately in the wake of that scandal breaking.

One rule for your favourites and another for the ones you dont like.

Go back to hiding in Denmark please like you have done all week during this tinpot event :D

Burnett,Higgins,Jogia christ sakes it has to stop now.

Too much is Too Much.

someone has to be the scapegoat for all this to stop.

im sick to death of it every bloody few months or even weeks

Postby GJ

lets just pick a random player out of a hat and say theres are scapegoat

ok its

shaun murphy

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Postby Lucky

Snooker was as bent as a nine bob note! During the VERY lean years the players cashed in thinking 'what the hell' now this is coming home to roost......tip of the iceberg.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:Snooker was as bent as a nine bob note! During the VERY lean years the players cashed in thinking 'what the hell' now this is coming home to roost......tip of the iceberg.

i don't believe that marmite for one second but if its true name names and get rid of the players that still playing and shame the ones that's gone

Postby Witz78

trust me, i have sources who know a lot of players who were at it in the 2008-9 era

funnily enough Lee WASNT one of the names banded about for that period

what happened to Higgins betting on himself to lose the 2009 WC final to Murphy by the way? That story got brushed under the carpet..........

Postby Monique

The guilty ones should be punished but no innocent should be made a scapegoat, ever. That won't help anyway. Just think about it wild, if people feel they will be punished, wether they are at it or not, just because of malevolent rumours and that they have no means to defend themselves, then why not do it and cash in whilst it last?
The innocent must be protected and know they can stand for themselves if unfairly accused otherwise they might just feel that being honest=being stupid.

Postby Lucky

"someone has to be the scapegoat for all this to stop."

Unbelievable statement......goes against everything that's both morally and legally right.