Post a reply

Re: Will he.....won't he???

Postby GJ

they will have to announce to by end fo feb because the 16th ranked player needs to know if he plays quallies or not

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:they will have to announce to by end fo feb because the 16th ranked player needs to know if he plays quallies or not

Nobody will truly know who the Top 16 is until beginning of April.

Postby GJ

isnt the cut off point after welsh like last season

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:isnt the cut off point after welsh like last season

no

after the china open

Postby GJ

ok cheers wild

Postby GJ

If the farmer doesnt defend

who plays first game sat selby as world number 1 ?

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Didn't Higgins come back from a 6 month ban and win his first event back? I know it was only a PTC but Higgins managed to hit his stride almost straightaway that season without any match practice at all, so it can be done.

I don't think Ronnie would be stupid enough to come into the championship without any table time whatsoever. As long he puts in the practice, which I'm sure he will do, he should be competitive at least.

Higgins was Forced out of the Game he had Built in Aggression and Focus Ronnie is slightly different its his decision.

Postby Monique

Jewell wrote:Wild, you should really consider using some grammar and punctuation in your posts, they'd become alot easier to understand. :)

I hear what you're saying but I do believe Ronnie actually wants to come back. If he was done with snooker then why would he attend the Masters?

He came around for one match. Spent some time chatting with various people in the press room, about anything but snooker, and went back to join the friends he was with. I wouldn't read anything in it.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Jewell wrote:Wild, you should really consider using some grammar and punctuation in your posts, they'd become alot easier to understand. :)

I hear what you're saying but I do believe Ronnie actually wants to come back. If he was done with snooker then why would he attend the Masters?

He came around for one match. Spent some time chatting with various people in the press room, about anything but snooker, and went back to join the friends he was with. I wouldn't read anything in it.

i hope he comes back if not for the world then next season but his appearance at ally pally has sort of given his fans hope maybe even false hope that he will defend his title.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:

i hope he comes back if not for the world then next season but his appearance at ally pally has sort of given his fans hope maybe even false hope that he will defend his title.

I know but why? Would you expect him to lose all interest in a sport that has been his life for over 20 years and never watch it again? Players get free tickets (*), Ronnie probably treated some friends who love snooker with his and came to spend some time with them. He certainly was very discreet, and even asked me not to take pictures when he was in the press room. He did not want any publicity around his presence. But of course, as you would expect, someone leaked it…
(*) Even Stephen Lee got his and apparently was selling them on social networks.

Postby Wildey

Hazel Irvine leaked it Live on BBC

Postby GJ

Lucky wrote:8-1 I think was quoted in the BBC article yesterday.

11/1 on bet fair

Never trust the bbc

11's is worth a wager

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:

I know but why? Would you expect him to lose all interest in a sport that has been his life for over 20 years and never watch it again? Players get free tickets (*), Ronnie probably treated some friends who love snooker with his and came to spend some time with them. He certainly was very discreet, and even asked me not to take pictures when he was in the press room. He did not want any publicity around his presence. But of course, as you would expect, someone leaked it…
(*) Even Stephen Lee got his and apparently was selling them on social networks.

I would be very surprised if Lee or any player is allowed to resell their tickets. If this is true he might not get them again.

As for Ronnie, I am sure the pending sponsor will know if Ronnie is coming or not and I again will bet that we will find out about Ronnie the same day that the new sponsor is announced.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:snooker backer posted something interesting on twitter appartenlty trump isnt the most popular player going by searches online

so he isnt as popular as some think ...........

Jono and Wiggy have a few detractors too it seems :)

Postby GJ

Snooker backer says rexys least fav player is most liked

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Didn't Higgins come back from a 6 month ban and win his first event back? I know it was only a PTC but Higgins managed to hit his stride almost straightaway that season without any match practice at all, so it can be done.

I don't think Ronnie would be stupid enough to come into the championship without any table time whatsoever. As long he puts in the practice, which I'm sure he will do, he should be competitive at least.

Higgins was Forced out of the Game he had Built in Aggression and Focus Ronnie is slightly different its his decision.

forced out of the game ?

he was caught red handed willing to accept 261K for throwing matches ON CAMERA ......he was not forced from the game he had to leave it for bringing it into disrepute and RUINING a worlc championship final (which as far as I am aware he has not apologised for, to both Dott and Jono and the snooker public).

For clarity he was not forced from the game he had to leave it my dint of his appalling behaviour and he was lucky that his punishment was very lenient. <ok>

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:

*surprise surprise - wonder what he spent the money on

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:Snooker backer says rexys least fav player is most liked

I was thinking about this subject of least favourite player, as people in work know I like snooker and often ask me was I happy about such and such result.

I dislike more players than I like.

Who did you think was my least fav player ??

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:

I was thinking about this subject of least favourite player, as people in work know I like snooker and often ask me was I happy about such and such result.

robbo followed by piggins

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

robbo followed by piggins

its a toss up between them - harder than ever to split them - 2 x CDL

Postby GJ

ha ha

if you had to split them ?

Postby PLtheRef

You make a good point about Higgins

It was six months, but it was also a enforced absence from the game because of the six month suspension. In theory, up until any tournament's entry deadline, once he signed the player's contract RO'S was in effect free to enter the tournaments. JH couldn't take part - RO'S didn't want to take part.

The two would be more comparable if Ronnie had come back for the International and then continued his comeback. With Higgins it was never really in doubt that once the six month ban expired, he would be making a return. With RO'S once he had decided to pull out of the international it's always been questionable as to when was his next tournament. - When he decided to take the rest of the season off, was it such a major surprise? As soon as there was essentially a date set for when the JH ban would be lifted then he set to work. If RO'S confirms he's coming back then he can get to work straight away

He could win a match if he gets a good draw, but considering he hasn't played competitively for a year and that Higgins had gone straight back into it after the end of the ban, winning the title is out of the question.
Last edited by PLtheRef on 22 Jan 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:PLtheRef,

You've missed my point. Whether a break is enforced or taken according to ones own desire is neither here nor there, the actual reasons are irrelevant, IMO.

Fact is Higgins was able to go without any match snooker for over 6 months and yet still managed to come back and pick up where he left off. What is to say Ronnie can't do the same thing? I know Ronnie's been away longer but the principle is still more or less the same.

Maybe Higgins just has more natural talent?

Postby Alpha

This is all just hype and speculation. O'Sullivan won't come back at the Crucible, not because he won't be match sharp, not because there'll be too much expectation. It'll be because he just doesn't want to.
I bet Hearn already knows this and is milking the publicity for all its worth either to sell World tickets or to keep any potential sponsor (who would probably want O'Sullivan there) sweet.

Postby Smart

ticket sales are down, how can they be increased in a short time frame, play the ROS card......

.....personally I would love him to defend the title otherwise whoever wins, has not beaten the best, and a hollow win will be credited (oh yes it will). <ok>

Postby GJ

NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE SPORT

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE SPORT

thats correct <ok>

Robbo taking a loo break mid-frame hinted that he thought he was, I think BH should fine Robbo for this tactic and make him do 150 hours community service also, minimum. <ok>