Post a reply

Re: Will he.....won't he???

Postby GJ

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby PLtheRef

Jewell wrote:PLtheRef,

You've missed my point. Whether a break is enforced or taken according to ones own desire is neither here nor there, the actual reasons are irrelevant, IMO.

Fact is Higgins was able to go without any match snooker for over 6 months and yet still managed to come back and pick up where he left off. What is to say Ronnie can't do the same thing? I know Ronnie's been away longer but the principle is still more or less the same.

JH's break was pretty much half of what Ronnie's is. Would people have expected Higgins to be back in form and win the World Championship had he received an 11 month ban?

Postby GJ

evidence of this ...........

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:
Trumpster wrote:You've got to be joking. The standard at the Masters was pretty poor, when we compare it to the eras of Ronnie, Hendry and Davis. Mark Selby World No.1? Do me a favour.

Do you have a bee in your bonnet about Mark Selby being World Number 1 or something? Last time I checked the World rankings he does happen to be top of the list so I guess that makes him Number 1

If the standard is poor you do not get 20 century breaks - and seven 6-5 matches with a further couple of 6-4 results on top.

The standard does not automatically rise or drop if one player enters or doesn't enter a particular tournament.

ive read some bullocks in my time on here but i thinkive stumbled across the piesta resistance now....

20 centuries in 153 frames is hardly great, almost one every 8 frames.

and since when did a match going to a decider mean the standard was great???? Sure it might be exciting but that has nowt to so with standards.

Postby GJ

Robbo made 6 centuries for the week

not bad for a crap break builder

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Last edited by GJ on 22 Jan 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:Who's Tobbo?

Read again smart ass

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:I've no interest in reading your re-edited gibberish.

FERME LE BUSH

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:Genuine question: GJ do you suffer from dyslexia?

va te faire foutre chatte

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:GJ, verpiss dich.

Jewell

dire à votre sœur, elle est de la merde dans le lit

Postby Casey

Can anybody find odds on Ronnie not playing, are the bookies taking bets?

Postby Casey

Jewell wrote:Casey

I couldn't find any odds, I was looking for it myself earlier today.

If there were odd's what do you think would be a good bet? He is 8/1 to win, so maybe 5/2 or 3/1 not to turn up?

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:I don't think his 8/1 win odds are in any way related to him actually turning up, that's just bookies way of covering themselves.

I think the true odds should be:

To win the WC @20/1

To turn up @5/4

20/1 is a huge price and a huge risk for a bookie...........I'd say to turn up is more like EVENS. Unless you got inside knowledge then its a toss up.......i.e could go either way

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:The 20/1 factors in the fact he isn't even sure to play. It what his true price should be. The 8/1 he is currently implies that he is alreadry CERTAIN to play

I would have it more like 15/1 - for me 20/1 is super generous and bookies tend not to be generous - they have had the guy as favourite for mostly everything for years and he is current champion, so what if he has "issues" - if he wants to defend he will, and if he does defend not many will want to face him in any round. <ok>

Postby GJ

11/1 on betfair is the highest odds available on Ronnie

Postby The Cueist

He will,Though he should have competed at the uk.
Never really rated the masters as a major title or hard tournamernt.

Ronnie is winding Hearn up,Because Hearn has annoyed his seasonal 147 payout by moving the goal post's in the way maximums are rewarded.

Ronnie will probably play a safety game in his first round match to accumulate table time
And get used to the crowds and atmosphere,Atleast i hope he does. :phew:

Hope he defends the title well and even retains it.
Won't be easy.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:He will,Though he should have competed at the uk.
Never really rated the masters as a major title or hard tournamernt.

Ronnie is winding Hearn up,Because Hearn has annoyed his seasonal 147 payout by moving the goal post's in the way maximums are rewarded.

Ronnie will probably play a safety game in his first round match to accumulate table time
And get used to the crowds and atmosphere,Atleast i hope he does. :phew:

Hope he defends the title well and even retains it.
Won't be easy.

Nah... quite the opposite in fact.. when Ronnie doesnt play competively for a long period of time, more often than not he tends to play a quite attacking game, seemningly going for everything... when he plays lots of snooker, that's when he usually plays a more defensive game.. of course its all very subjective, but I too hope that if he does indeed decide to defend his title, at least make a good defense of it and not just go out there for the sake of it...

But we all know that won't be easy cause it will be the only tourney he will play, whereas the other players have played in almost every tourney in the season and are match sharp.. the only positive thing is that a lot of them may feel burnout, and on the other hand Ronnie won't.

Postby Wildey

i honestly do feel to win the World you do need quite a bit of competitive action.

Take the last 2 years John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan won a lot of Tournaments and played a lot of Snooker in the run up to their World Title.

Postby GJ

Tend to agree with our welsh correspondent , pre Hearn it would have been possible but now i think its impossible for ronnie to return just for the worlds and win it.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Tend to agree with our welsh correspondent , pre Hearn it would have been possible but now i think its impossible for ronnie to return just for the worlds and win it.

yea pre hearn everyone went in to the World having played no snooker and was pretty knackered by the end of the championship due to not being match sharp with no stamina.

but the last 2 years both John and Ronnie looked as fresh as a daisy winning the title due to having played a lot of snooker 17 days playing session snooker is nothing.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:i honestly do feel to win the World you do need quite a bit of competitive action.

Take the last 2 years John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan won a lot of Tournaments and played a lot of Snooker in the run up to their World Title.

That's true but also neither of them had been playing a full season when they won it. They were fresher than most.
I don't think that Ronnie will defend his title. But whatever he does I fully expect those who will have played a full season to get there burnt out and the standard to be extremely poor. It was already showing at the UK and the Masters and there is plenty more to play before the Crucible.
Mark Selby looks frighteningly thin, he was unable to lift the Masters trophy and looked about to fall asleep in his chair in Crondon Park.
It's all well and good to be match sharp, but they need to be fresh for that marathon, and they need practice, not just competitive play, to be able to work on their techniques as well.

Postby GJ

mon

Robbo says hes picking and choosing the smaller events he plays so he doenst get burn out hope it pays off at the worlds.

Postby Monique

GJ wrote:mon

Robbo says hes picking and choosing the smaller events he plays so he doenst get burn out hope it pays off at the worlds.

Well he's acting wisely if he does. And he's right not to spend his time in Blackpool ahead of the German Masters if he feels it's more important to get prepared of to spend time with his family. Feeling well within themselves is important for players being able to give it their best in their "job" (it's true for everyone and any job). Stuart Bingham has improved dramatically and fans point it to the new structure. Yes, it has helped him but himself has told me that being privately happy, having found a partner, becoming a father and getting married soon were essential.

Postby GJ

Mon

Yes a good personal life = a happy sportsman no doubt

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:
GJ wrote:mon

Well he's acting wisely if he does. And he's right not to spend his time in Blackpool ahead of the German Masters if he feels it's more important to get prepared of to spend time with his family. Feeling well within themselves is important for players being able to give it their best in their "job" (it's true for everyone and any job). Stuart Bingham has improved dramatically and fans point it to the new structure. Yes, it has helped him but himself has told me that being privately happy, having found a partner, becoming a father and getting married soon were essential.

Bingo has enormous hands <ok> :hankey:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i honestly do feel to win the World you do need quite a bit of competitive action.

That's true but also neither of them had been playing a full season when they won it. They were fresher than most.
I don't think that Ronnie will defend his title. But whatever he does I fully expect those who will have played a full season to get there burnt out and the standard to be extremely poor. It was already showing at the UK and the Masters and there is plenty more to play before the Crucible.
Mark Selby looks frighteningly thin, he was unable to lift the Masters trophy and looked about to fall asleep in his chair in Crondon Park.
It's all well and good to be match sharp, but they need to be fresh for that marathon, and they need practice, not just competitive play, to be able to work on their techniques as well.

one thing that should be mentioned next season to win the UK a player will have to win 49 frames. when it was Best of 17s they only had to win 46 so Top Players will be playing much more snooker in a flat 128 system.

So there will have to be picking and choosing to a extent never seen before in Snooker where possibly Top players will be Giving the China Open or the World Open a miss if their Ranking looks safe for the WC.

However in a totally flat system some Events Might be Played without Top players playing in them.

as snooker Fans we got to embrace that without detracting from the achievement of winning a tournament.

Postby Wildey

Apparently Ronnie has called a Press Conference for Tuesday 26th February at 12noon to Clarify his future career plans.

many people believe its more than just Announcing if he plays at the World Championship or Not.

Some think its a retirement or semi retirement statement.

Possibly saying that he will defend his World Title but then hes Retiring its all speculating.

can only wait and see

Postby GJ

I hope he plays as the worlds without defending champ is missing something