Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's at it again

Postby Roland

Wild keep your offensive remarks to twitter.

Postby Wildey

you know what really gets me

im now 41 and i can remember in fighting in Snooker Back in the 80s ive Grown up with it weather it was WPBSA v Mike Watterson, WPBSA v Hearn,WPBSA v Ian Doyle,WSA v Altium, Rodney Walker Regime v Players Then Barry Hearn to stop all that wanted 51% Stake so that one Man calls the shots and Puts snooker Back on Top which he is well on the way to do so and now we Have Snooker Supremo v Snooker World Champion.

Its Never Ending bull.

Postby Roland

This time it's Ronnie and whoever has Ronnie's ear. He had Carter onside as well it seemed, no doubt until the "making up the numbers" quote came along. He's probably got Mark Allen behind him as well for whatever good that will do him. A minority of players have spoken out against Hearn and surprise surprise they all seem to be ex-110 sport so make of that what you will.

I get the feeling it's a case of people (in this case players) moaning among themselves just like everyone does at work no matter where you work, and then one of them makes themselves the sacrificial lamb by risking everything to tell the management team "We're not putting up with this, we're going to make a stand and I'm going to lead the way" and at the same time everyone else drops their head and gets on with their work and tries to distance themselves from the issue so as not to risk losing their job. And also, that they actually don't mind going along with whatever contract they just signed.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:This time it's Ronnie and whoever has Ronnie's ear. He had Carter onside as well it seemed, no doubt until the "making up the numbers" quote came along. He's probably got Mark Allen behind him as well for whatever good that will do him. A minority of players have spoken out against Hearn and surprise surprise they all seem to be ex-110 sport so make of that what you will.

I get the feeling it's a case of people (in this case players) moaning among themselves just like everyone does at work no matter where you work, and then one of them makes themselves the sacrificial lamb by risking everything to tell the management team "We're not putting up with this, we're going to make a stand and I'm going to lead the way" and at the same time everyone else drops their head and gets on with their work and tries to distance themselves from the issue so as not to risk losing their job. And also, that they actually don't mind going along with whatever contract they just signed.

I Just don't Get it Nobody saying the Calendar is Perfect nobody saying Hearn has got everything Right there's still things to do but Fundamentally Players wanted more Snooker to play and hes Given them more Snooker to play.

Regarding the contract Arriving 4 days Early well that isnt possible if they cant Ricky Walden had no chance of that in the 6 reds or the Winner of the 6 reds got no hope of being in Australia 4 days early however if they doing Nothing whats Wrong getting to a Country/Event early Meet Fans Make the day of a Kid having pics taken with the World Champion etc etc.

im sure its Flexible and not written in stone as Ronnie seems to point too BUT if Ronnie being awkward with Barry then Barry can enforced that Contract its always better to Work together but your Right there's some undercurrent of rubbish going on nobody Really knows about and Barry Hearn is in the firing Line.

Whitch points to my point there's always this infighting in Snooker and im sick of it.

Postby SnookerFan

Remember when players used to complain about being part-time professionals? It's gone from one extreme to the other. :-D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Remember when players used to complain about being part-time professionals? It's gone from one extreme to the other. :-D

Yea its just unbelievable

Lets Look at the schedule for Next 2 Months

After PTC 1 in Sheffield theres a 2 Week Break until the next event PTC 2 and then Week and a Half from the end of PTC 2 until the Paul Hunter Classic in Fuirth Thats 28 Days in July/August without any snooker on the WSA Calender

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember when players used to complain about being part-time professionals? It's gone from one extreme to the other. :-D

After PTC 1 in Sheffield theres a 2 Week Break until the next event PTC 2 and then Week and a Half from the end of PTC 2 until the Paul Hunter Classic in Fuirth Thats 28 Days in July/August without any snooker on the WSA Calender

Begs the question why they needed to start the season in late June, when after Australia on the 15th of July there's nothing major until Shanghai on the 17th September.

Postby Wildey

Alpha wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Begs the question why they needed to start the season in late June, when after Australia on the 15th of July there's nothing major until Shanghai on the 17th September.

Snooker is not played in Snooker Buildings they are Played in Arenas,Theatres etc that are used for other things plus TV Scheduling and Local Promoters need to put on events at the Best time for them.

a lot of it is out of the hands of the World Snooker

Postby Roland

Ronnie has announced some Snooker Legends dates in October playing Jimmy. Who needs ranking events? On another note later on when I get home I'll post some quotes from Hearn on the issue of Ronnie's contract then you can make up your own minds.

Postby Roland

Anyway, this is what Barry Hearn is quoted as saying in SnookerScene magazine in response to Ronnie's manager Django Fung saying about the meeting "If there had been money on the table other things might have been easier to swallow."

This is all about money. Django put a letter in front of me that Ronnie had signed saying that he wanted no further direct contact with us and that everything had to go through Django.

I would've preferred to sit down with both Ronnie and Django but I've had no contact with Ronnie himself on this.

The players' contract is virtually identical with the one that has been in operation for years. The only thing that's new is that if someone wins a tournament, he has to give that sponsor three days of his time over the next year.

The contract is a red herring. Django said to me: "Give him a few quid and he'll sign the contract."

This is not going to happen with Ronnie or any other player. If anyone has told Ronnie that because he's world champion he's got us by the balls, they're wrong.

Django said "This can be a private deal" but there are not going to be any private deals. Everything is going to be transparent.

If Ronnie or his representatives approach a sponsor or a promoter for appearance money I couldn't stop them but I don't think they would get anywhere because everyone would realise this would be the start of a slippery slope. As soon as Ronnie got appearance money, the next world champion would want it and so on.

It's been put about in some quarters that I'm making Ronnie play in tournaments that he doesn't want to but he's free to pick and choose as much as he likes. It's just that if he doesn't play, he doesn't get any points or any prize money. There's no sport that is any different.

As ever straight talking Bazza tells it how he sees it but we've not heard the last of this by a long stretch. I'd imagine Django will be pretty red faced to see details of a private meeting coming out in public like this. Whether it has the Bazza spin factor or not, I'm sure we'll find out in the pretty near future.

Postby Wildey

The only thing that's new is that if someone wins a tournament, he has to give that sponsor three days of his time over the next year.

if a player thinks he can have the spoils and not the responsibility hes got another thing coming.

3 days over a year.

Ronnie can afford time to buck about with jimmy in legends nights he can afford time to do that.

there's only one winner in Hearn v Ronnie battle and Ronnie has buck all chance.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Anyway, this is what Barry Hearn is quoted as saying in SnookerScene magazine in response to Ronnie's manager Django Fung saying about the meeting "If there had been money on the table other things might have been easier to swallow."

This is all about money. Django put a letter in front of me that Ronnie had signed saying that he wanted no further direct contact with us and that everything had to go through Django.

I would've preferred to sit down with both Ronnie and Django but I've had no contact with Ronnie himself on this.

The players' contract is virtually identical with the one that has been in operation for years. The only thing that's new is that if someone wins a tournament, he has to give that sponsor three days of his time over the next year.

The contract is a red herring. Django said to me: "Give him a few quid and he'll sign the contract."

This is not going to happen with Ronnie or any other player. If anyone has told Ronnie that because he's world champion he's got us by the balls, they're wrong.

Django said "This can be a private deal" but there are not going to be any private deals. Everything is going to be transparent.

If Ronnie or his representatives approach a sponsor or a promoter for appearance money I couldn't stop them but I don't think they would get anywhere because everyone would realise this would be the start of a slippery slope. As soon as Ronnie got appearance money, the next world champion would want it and so on.

It's been put about in some quarters that I'm making Ronnie play in tournaments that he doesn't want to but he's free to pick and choose as much as he likes. It's just that if he doesn't play, he doesn't get any points or any prize money. There's no sport that is any different.

As ever straight talking Bazza tells it how he sees it but we've not heard the last of this by a long stretch. I'd imagine Django will be pretty red faced to see details of a private meeting coming out in public like this. Whether it has the Bazza spin factor or not, I'm sure we'll find out in the pretty near future.

WOW!

Postby Dannyboy

Barry Hearn 1-0 Ronnie's manager, with a last minute winner.

I do sympathise with Ronnie to some extent on that sponsor clause. For example, win 2 tournaments in China and that's 6 days, which turns into possibly 10 days with all the flying/jetlag etc. The snooker tour isn't quiet anymore; people are playing all the time. As we see at the moment, 1 tournament finishes, another starts! I think there's something like 200+ days of snooker this season.

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Barry Hearn 1-0 Ronnie's manager, with a last minute winner.

I do sympathise with Ronnie to some extent on that sponsor clause. For example, win 2 tournaments in China and that's 6 days, which turns into possibly 10 days with all the flying/jetlag etc. The snooker tour isn't quiet anymore; people are playing all the time. As we see at the moment, 1 tournament finishes, another starts! I think there's something like 200+ days of snooker this season.

But hasent Ronnie got a Contract with a Private sponsor out in china christ surely they don't sponsor him then let him buck about and do what the hell he likes Part and Parcel of being a Sport Star/Famous that you do these Personnel Appearances its not Unique to snooker and its not unique to hearn the way some go on about it this was a Hearn invention in the last year.

Postby Wildey

Lifted from viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2273&start=120
Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:well im all for blackmail i seriously think at the moment players should be forced to enter events then in 5 or 6 years think of best of results when the sport is trully back on it feet but i think the PTC Will only grow if Top players suport them.

You're all for blackmail until you'll be at the receiving end of one. Then no place will be big enough to contain your rage and swearing.
Blackmail is WRONG. Full stop.

BTW: David Hendon tweeted:
Big chance for someone at the Australian Open - most of the top 16 haven't entered

And believe me, this is only the start of it. As usual some , few, players have the guts to speak openly and get slagged off for it, but most of the other ones are only too happy to let them voice their opinion and take the blame, but they think just the same.

well please tell that to Ronnie and Grove Snooker for trying to extort more money from the sport with this contract Red herring.

Postby Wildey

Jason Francis is Putting out Snooker Legend dates Ronnie will be in that is Corresponding with Prem League Night.

Postby Monique

So what? None of the players involved in the snooker legends are in the PL and the venues are so geographically distant that it's unlikely that someone would go the the snooker legends "instead" of the PL. There is no competition there and the snooker legends is neither on television, nor streamed.

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:So what? None of the players involved in the snooker legends are in the PL and the venues are so geographically distant that it's unlikely that someone would go the the snooker legends "instead" of the PL. There is no competition there and the snooker legends is neither on television, nor streamed.

both events are marmite and for bankers <ok>

Postby Wildey

EXCLUSVE

Ronnie has signed the contract after Barry Hearn promised to let him be the clown at the Christmas party.

news just in this is his clowns outfit.

Postby Roland

Right, now we can forget about it and move on. Well done Ronnie for signing.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Right, now we can forget about it and move on. Well done Ronnie for signing.

depends

if Barry has backed down its far from over if Ronnie has been a good little pin end and done what he should have done months ago then we move on.

my feeling is ronnie backed down otherwise he was screwed as a professional no way on earth Barry Hearn backed down.

this tweet sums it up perfectly

Mark Williams MBE ‏@markwil147

@ronnieo147 like is if u was never gunna sign it for UK MASTERS WORLD #yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Right, now we can forget about it and move on. Well done Ronnie for signing.

depends

if Barry has backed down its far from over if Ronnie has been a good little pin end and done what he should have done months ago then we move on.

my feeling is ronnie backed down otherwise he was screwed as a professional no way on earth Barry Hearn backed down.

this tweet sums it up perfectly

Mark Williams MBE ‏@markwil147

@ronnieo147 like is if u was never gunna sign it for UK MASTERS WORLD #yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

and Williams wonders why ROS always kicks his ass <ok>

a little extra motivation there for ROS if he bothers to read what that stupid Welsh tweeter says :fart:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:In that tweet, Williams' command of English is on a par with Wild's.

but its still makes more sense than you ever have in your pathetic existence <ok>