Post a reply

Re: HEARN GOES NUTS OVER BRAZIL

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:if i could be hassled doing it, id work out how many days the players have "worked" this year so far

it would soon make a mockery of there burnt out claims

yes i do not buy this burnt out after 18 months it takes years and years in the same routine to get burnt out these are playing a hobby for a living so thats not even a issue.

Take John Higgins this season hes played 9 Days most of that was in the World Cup

Postby Witz78

they should all be hungry for the game and to play as often as they can

now i guess the likes of Hendry, Higgins, Ronnie etc who have been doing it for 20 years+ you could understand it a bit but even so, its hard to see how they can get bored with a game they love and are effectively addicted to.

its the likes of Trump and others i really cant understand tho, what hope when there a bit older.

i think Hearn should say sod this generation, im building snooker for the future and your either on the bandwagon of the revolution or you aint.

Personally i think this snub from the elite should be punished by revising the ranking system to make their status at the top less protected. See how hungry they are then.

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:they should all be hungry for the game and to play as often as they can

now i guess the likes of Hendry, Higgins, Ronnie etc who have been doing it for 20 years+ you could understand it a bit but even so, its hard to see how they can get bored with a game they love and are effectively addicted to.

its the likes of Trump and others i really cant understand tho, what hope when there a bit older.

i think Hearn should say sod this generation, im building snooker for the future and your either on the bandwagon of the revolution or you aint.

Personally i think this snub from the elite should be punished by revising the ranking system to make their status at the top less protected. See how hungry they are then.

Yeah, That would be right up your alley wouldn't it. :gag:

Postby John From London Town

This clearly boils down to expectations. Players need to clearly understand what their obligations are.

When you sign up to Professional T&C's, the only definition in there is that you are obliged to meet any media commitments in any WSA sactioned events that you comepete in. If your not there, then how can you?
This is the gap, & needs to be bridged.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:they should all be hungry for the game and to play as often as they can

cant beat the buzz of playing a competitive match of snooker, so god knows who it feels for these guys who are way better than me at doing it.

if i was a pro id be more than happy to jet off to all these places and yeh i would enjoy myself too whilst i was there

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

cant beat the buzz of playing a competitive match of snooker, so god knows who it feels for these guys who are way better than me at doing it.

if i was a pro id be more than happy to jet off to all these places and yeh i would enjoy myself too whilst i was there

i think theres 2 seperate issues here

the players who are invited to these events arent exactly on the breadline and then the players at the bottom of the rankings that wont get a invite are strugling financially thoes are seperate issues and without the well off helping the sport to the max the price money will not filter down to the bottom.

Postby Casey

Is it different to any work life dynamics?

You have people at the bottom of the ladder, minimum wage earners; you have those in the middle who earn a decent living and then those at the top. Not only do those at the top earn a bucket load but they get lots of perks etc.

This is no different to the snooker tour.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Is it different to any work life dynamics?

You have people at the bottom of the ladder, minimum wage earners; you have those in the middle who earn a decent living and then those at the top. Not only do those at the top earn a bucket load but they get lots of perks etc.

This is no different to the snooker tour.

Good Point although at the Moment Players dont get a penny without reaching the last 64 in a tournament.

Postby vodkadiet

'Rest Home' Ronnie should be left alone to his pipe,slippers, and rocking chair.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:'Rest Home' Ronnie should be left alone to his pipe,slippers, and rocking chair.

If he did that, you'd criticise him for not playing. <doh>

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:Mark Allen has now pulled out too

surprising that cos looking at the rankings hes a man whos going to be in serious danger of dropping out of the top 16 soon, he will probably be ok in this window but hes a lot of points compared to most of the others around him to lose during this season, notably his 2009 WC semi so missing events not recommended for him.

Ronnie just about keeping his head above water at the moment whilst Hendrys clinging onto hope of saving his top 16 place at the next cut off. Regardless the whole of this season is going to be a long struggle for this pair to remain among the elite as the damage done last season was huge.

Postby Wildey

am i on a parallell universe ??

Mark Allen has pulled out before Barry Hearn wrote the Letter how do i know this well he names Mark Allen in the Letter.

and Witz its not a Ranking Event have you been at the Cooking Sherry.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Mark Allen has now pulled out too

surprising that cos looking at the rankings hes a man whos going to be in serious danger of dropping out of the top 16 soon, he will probably be ok in this window but hes a lot of points compared to most of the others around him to lose during this season, notably his 2009 WC semi so missing events not recommended for him.

Ronnie just about keeping his head above water at the moment whilst Hendrys clinging onto hope of saving his top 16 place at the next cut off. Regardless the whole of this season is going to be a long struggle for this pair to remain among the elite as the damage done last season was huge.

His 2009 WC points were taken off last year.

Postby Witz78

think i must have been on the cooking sherry, well it could have been anything really in all the shots of stuff i was downing over the weekend whilst in a NIGHTCLUB !!

i was getting my threads mixed up and thinking this was the PTC thread and that he was skipping that

as for the 2009 WC points still to come off. Doh, a schoolboy error that, i must still be snake hissed

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:think i must have been on the cooking sherry, well it could have been anything really in all the shots of stuff i was downing over the weekend whilst in a NIGHTCLUB !!

i was getting my threads mixed up and thinking this was the PTC thread and that he was skipping that

as for the 2009 WC points still to come off. Doh, a schoolboy error that, i must still be snake hissed

rofl

heavy night mate you should be going over to Brazil to show them how its done you and gouldy living it up on the pull in brazil and on the beach eying up the talent.

Martin has also commented saying “I am delighted to be going to The Brazilian Masters, it should be a great event on the calendar and let us hope this is it a great success, there is a lot of travelling to do after The Shanghai Masters but I am hoping to catch some sun whilst out there”