Post a reply

Re: WPBSA Statement

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:There are people that will tell you the 85 final was a fix and look at Steve's attempt on the final black.

However I am with Witz on Jamie's face when he potted the pink, he was not a happy bunny.

Steve Davis reaction tells us that was no fix he just about held on to not cry with David Vine.....apparently when he got to his dressing room it got flooded with tears lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:There are people that will tell you the 85 final was a fix and look at Steve's attempt on the final black.

However I am with Witz on Jamie's face when he potted the pink, he was not a happy bunny.

Steve Davis reaction tells us that was no fix he just about held on to not cry with David Vine.....apparently when he got to his dressing room it got flooded with tears lol

it was into a totally blind pocket and awkward cueing too, plus Davis played it in such a way that he thought if he did miss with the cut being on the thick side it would run safe and land on the top cushion probably.

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:yeh sadly Hann wasnt in the fortunate position Higgins was of having some chinless wonder, namely Mooney to take the rap for him.

Nothing "fortunate" about it when your manager sets you up. <doh>

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh sadly Hann wasnt in the fortunate position Higgins was of having some chinless wonder, namely Mooney to take the rap for him.

"we could swallow the 300k in my Spanish villa, eh Pat?" :john:

Postby snooky147

Bourne wrote:I knew you were innocent Mags <ok>

Trouble is, the Police or the Procurator Fiscal are not saying that. They are saying there is insufficent evidence to support prosecution. It's not saying they are innocent. Leaves a stain in my opinion.

**I have been playing with my new TV for a few days and thats why I have not been about as much**

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:

Trouble is, the Police or the Procurator Fiscal are not saying that. They are saying there is insufficent evidence to support prosecution. It's not saying they are innocent. Leaves a stain in my opinion.

**I have been playing with my new TV for a few days and thats why I have not been about as much**

yeh i translate that as meaning "we cant prosecute them based on the evidence we have but there should be enough there for you guys (the WPSBA) to pin something on them"

What odds Burnett is made an example of cos hes not of the same standing as Higgins within the game. :shrug:

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

yeh i translate that as meaning "we cant prosecute them based on the evidence we have but there should be enough there for you guys (the WPSBA) to pin something on them"

What odds Burnett is made an example of cos hes not of the same standing as Higgins within the game. :shrug:

I think you're right actually Witz, he may very well be made an example of.

To be honest, it didn't look too good for him, and I've always said that. After fluking the pink he looked like he had just heard some very bad news, stunned. That black was tough, but he completely missed it by miles.

I'm not a fan of Burnett at all.

Postby GJ

I think both are innocent but lets say any player did get appoached to fix a match they should do what robbo did

Hann tried to get robbo involved in some sort of fixing incident and robbo told him to get lost

so thats the way any player should react

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:I think both are innocent but lets say any player did get appoached to fix a match they should do what robbo did

Hann tried to get robbo involved in some sort of fixing incident and robbo told him to get lost

Of course that's the way they should react, and fair play to Robertson...

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:I think both are innocent but lets say any player did get appoached to fix a match they should do what robbo did

Of course that's the way they should react, and fair play to Robertson...

and that was only a short time after he arrived in england and wasnt very well off and could have been silly enough to think easy money but robbo is a proper pro and top man

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:http://snookertalk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9970

the end of paragraph 2

Quintenn Hann was a total sausage, may he never darken a snooker table again. Cuntux.

Postby GJ

here is more about it

A RISING snooker star told last night how bent Quinten Hann tried to lure him into match-fixing.

Shady Hann ? exposed yesterday by The Sun ? asked Neil Robertson if he would consider throwing a game for £30,000.

Former world under-21 champion Robertson, 23, was shocked ? and immediately refused.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... z1MjLftogr

hann is a nasty piece of work and the evidence is damning yet witz paints him out to be treated badly

:?

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:here is more about it

A RISING snooker star told last night how bent Quinten Hann tried to lure him into match-fixing.

Shady Hann ? exposed yesterday by The Sun ? asked Neil Robertson if he would consider throwing a game for £30,000.

Former world under-21 champion Robertson, 23, was shocked ? and immediately refused.

hann is a nasty piece of work and the evidence is damning yet witz paints him out to be treated badly

I have zero respect for Quintenn Hann.

Anybody standing up for him should remember he didn't give a toss about the sport, or perhaps even more importantly, fans of the sport. That even includes the people standing up for Hann.

Postby Witz78

ahh so your believing to choose what the red rags are saying now it suits you.................

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:

I have zero respect for Quintenn Hann.

Anybody standing up for him should remember he didn't give a toss about the sport, or perhaps even more importantly, fans of the sport. That even includes the people standing up for Hann.

yes and he didnt care who he dragged down with him either

pathetic moron he is

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:ahh so your believing to choose what the red rags are saying now it suits you.................

well hann was happy to fight previous cases he got involved in so why did fight that one if he was as innocent as you say he was

:? :chin:

Postby Wildey

i was a fan of quinten he was interesting he was great for snooker but i cant condone anything hes done its also evident even if he wasn't guilty of rape his treatment of women was pretty dam awful as well.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:i was a fan of quinten he was interesting he was great for snooker but i cant condone anything hes done its also evident even if he wasn't guilty of rape his treatment of women was pretty dam awful as well.

Yes it appears he thought well im famous i can do what i like with the ladies

:chin: :?

Postby Witz78

watch this interview then youll realise what a tremendous talent, well liked character and decent young man Quiten was, and what a loss to the sport he is.

Rodney Plonker / banker and his incompetent cronies steering the rudderless ship decided it was too much like hassle to have someone among their playing ranks who didnt fit the mould of the Highland Spring wearing, bible bashing, water drinking, family man, snooker playing robots so they just used the unfortunate tabloid sting to cut his career off in its prime once and for all. A total joke and made all the worse now by HIM getting a 6 month ban for exactly the same thing.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:i was a fan of quinten he was interesting he was great for snooker but i cant condone anything hes done its also evident even if he wasn't guilty of rape his treatment of women was pretty dam awful as well.

i think youll find the slappers and tourists thought, ahhh hes famous, lets lead him on then cry rape and get some cash off the newspapers for this, and hey if we drag this innocent young mans name through mud, then so be it :grrr: :grrr:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

he was a big brother 15 minute of fame type person even before big brother,

being famous was more appealing than being the best snooker player...which i think with application he had the talent to win tournaments.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

being famous was more appealing than being the best snooker player...which i think with application he had the talent to win tournaments.

if you watch that interview above, near the end he confirms the true reasons why he didnt fulfill his potential.

Postby GJ

Witz

He could have done what robbo did get a proper base over in the uk during the season.

if he cared about snooker he would have done that

says it all about his true intentions for snooker.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

if you watch that interview above, near the end he confirms the true reasons why he didnt fulfill his potential.

yes but it was like he was convincing himself being a foreigner in england it wasn't possible to be the best but truth is if you went in to matches thinking like that when push comes to shove you just dont care enough to make it.

Postby Witz78

at the end of the day as he said, Quinten had a lot of commitments back in Australia.

Perhaps in hindsight snooker wasnt the right sport for him but at least he walked away with 500k earnings for his colourful contribution to the sport.

Postby Witz78

rising star at 23 :chin:

OR

world finalist and ranking winner at 21 :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

OR

<laugh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

OR

6 ranking titles includng a world crown at 29

or o world titles at 49

:win: :mosh2: :wave:

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

"we could swallow the 300k in my Spanish villa, eh Pat?" :john:

Guess the bit about Mooney specifically asking him to play along with any questions about match fixing eluded you witz. ;-)

I like you Witz, you're entertaining but man you're way out to lunch if you think Hann's case is comperable to Higgins/Mooney. <doh>

Quite frankly your support of Hann while attacking John is very confusing. :huh:

It kinda looks like you have no problem with possible cheaters if you like the player or their style of play. :shrug: