Post a reply

Re: India to host pro snooker event next year

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Has that Australian one been confirmed, or is that still a bit up in the air?

I can see why people are losing track. <laugh>

i think Australia is confirmed im not to sure when its on though

theres a overseas Ranking event penciled in day after the World Cup

July 11-17
World Cup

Thailand

July 18-24
Overseas ranking event

could be that date

Yeh thats def the Aussie event then.................. as exclusively revealed by me some time ago :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

yes the timezones between Australia and Thailand not that much different so jetlag wont be a problam from one country to the next.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:this event does not look hopeful does it

How so?

well nothing on WS Site and nobody at the WSA Awards yesterday knew anything about it acording to Dave Hendon

Nobody seemed to know anything about the India ranking event - I'd advise caution on this story until more concrete details emerge

Postby Wildey

from the ferret on TSF

It will not be a ranking event, its a invitational event and it looks like the Indian Snooker and Billiards Federation have jumped the gun a little with the announcement, there is nothing official yet from World Snooker.

Postby Witz78

Cut the music Shiavone, its paretty obvious that a full blown snooker ranker is gonna run wild on these humanoids wooooooooo

hush hush hush hush hush woooooooooooooooooo

USA USA USA USA USA USA
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Wow, I did not expect that one...

Witz, I'm losing track myself but I think that makes:

Worlds
UK
World Open
China
Shanghai
Wales
Australia
GERMANY
INDIA

PTC Finals
PTCs

non ranking:
Masters
Brazil
Chinese invitational AKA Wuxi Classic
World Cup
Seniors
Shoot out
Premier League
CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE
Power Snooker....

ive filled a couple of blanks, weve prob still missed a few though :chuckle:

Dave Hendon has said he doubts Power Snooker will happen they still not payed for the Add in Snooker Scene since last time.

DH still bitter that Everton got the commentating gig :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Aahh, Incredible India

Had to be done. rofl

I'm hoping that every country that Eurosport advertises will soon have a ranking event. I am particularly looking forward to The Israel Open.

I'd like an event in Dubai. Specifically I'd like a one table set up on top of that tallest hotel. They had a tennis court on top of there for a special match with Fed and Nadal a while back. But imagine open air snooker with great camera shots over Dubai. Barry Hearn said he would get back to me on this idea. :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Aahh, Incredible India

Had to be done. rofl

I'm hoping that every country that Eurosport advertises will soon have a ranking event. I am particularly looking forward to The Israel Open.

I'd like an event in Dubai. Specifically I'd like a one table set up on top of that tallest hotel. They had a tennis court on top of there for a special match with Fed and Nadal a while back. But imagine open air snooker with great camera shots over Dubai. Barry Hearn said he would get back to me on this idea. :win: :wave: <ok>

might be a problem if the match was Stephen Lee v Marcus Campbell though :shc:

Postby Dannyboy

The Austrian Open? Won by Judd Trump last year.
Alo the BTV International Challenge in Beijing - not sure these two tournaments were administered by World Snooker though?

Postby Casey

Dannyboy wrote:The Austrian Open? Won by Judd Trump last year.
Alo the BTV International Challenge in Beijing - not sure these two tournaments were administered by World Snooker though?

The BTV is 110sport. Hearn says the players can only play in WPBSA sanctioned events, so not sure if it will be held this year.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:The Austrian Open? Won by Judd Trump last year.

The BTV is 110sport. Hearn says the players can only play in WPBSA sanctioned events, so not sure if it will be held this year.

well 110sport has bit the dust so itll def not be happening :win:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Cut the music Shiavone, its paretty obvious that a full blown snooker ranker is gonna run wild on these humanoids wooooooooo

hush hush hush hush hush woooooooooooooooooo

USA USA USA USA USA USA
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can you dig that, sucka?

Postby Wildey

MignonSnooker wrote:Pro event in India scheduled to be held from February 27 to March 4, 2012 with the venue yet to be decided >> http://www.deccanherald.com/content/179 ... march.html

interesting

currently on at that dates are

February

26-29
Ranking event qualifiers

March

1-11
Betfred.com World Championship Qualifiers
Badminton Hall, EIS

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
MignonSnooker wrote:Pro event in India scheduled to be held from February 27 to March 4, 2012 with the venue yet to be decided >> http://www.deccanherald.com/content/179 ... march.html

interesting

currently on at that dates are

February

26-29
Ranking event qualifiers

March

1-11
Betfred.com World Championship Qualifiers
Badminton Hall, EIS

Then this most probably means that someone is jumping the gun... not for the first time.

Postby Wildey

in this months snooker scene Barry Hearn is quoted as saying he is confident there Will be a Indian Open but it will be in 2012/2013 season rather than this season.

B Hearn wrote:we're talking to the indian promoters and im confident that there will be an Indian Open but next season rather than this.

players have got plenty on their plate as it is so this may be for the best

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:in this months snooker scene Barry Hearn is quoted as saying he is confident there Will be a Indian Open but it will be in 2012/2013 season rather than this season.

B Hearn wrote:we're talking to the indian promoters and im confident that there will be an Indian Open but next season rather than this.

players have got plenty on their plate as it is so this may be for the best

Indeed just as well that it's been postponed. The month of March would have been totally crazy and that just before the WC was never to work well. If BH wants to add more events that imply long travels and huge time difference he has to think the structure of the calendar carefully.