Post a reply

WPBSA Receives 100 Per Cent Support

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 81,00.html

WPBSA received 100 per cent support of votes in favour of the constitutional changes.

The new articles provided key changes in the modernization of the company. Some of those changes are:

- Permanently setting the number of board directors to five, with a minimum of two player directors.
- Extending voting rights to all members ranked 1 - 96, enabling a fairer and more democratic voting system.
- Removing the minimum age limit of 16 and maximum age limit of 70 for members.

WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson said: "I am delighted with this vote of confidence. With the commercial side of the sport going from strength to strength, it is vital that the govening body remains strong and cost effective, and this result today is testament to the stability we now have in snooker."

Re: WPBSA Receives 100 Per Cent Support

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote::zzz:

yes politics is boring however the way things was going 2 years ago there would be rubbish all happening in the snooker world before long this shows how stable at last the sport is the most stable ive known it in 30 years watching snooker.

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:

yes politics is boring however the way things was going 2 years ago there would be rubbish all happening in the snooker world before long this shows how stable at last the sport is the most stable ive known it in 30 years watching snooker.

I think most peeps just dont give a hoot :|

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:

well they should give a hoot if the voting there was 50/50 snooker was still a long way off going forward in the right direction.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:I never knew that you couldn't turn pro after 70.

Jimmys gonna get a new lease of life after hearing this :bowdown:

Pity the under 16rule didnt kick in in time for Brecel, hed better come through Q School :wild2:

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:

well they should give a hoot if the voting there was 50/50 snooker was still a long way off going forward in the right direction.

you could not influence it either way, hoot or no hoot :wave:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:yes politics is boring however the way things was going 2 years ago there would be rubbish all happening in the snooker world before long this shows how stable at last the sport is the most stable ive known it in 30 years watching snooker.

you could not influence it either way, hoot or no hoot :wave:

we cant influance matched doesn't stop us putting our thoughts down <ok>