Post a reply

Re: Murphy being a fool again

Postby Wildey

Witz

how come its ok for you to show all sort of hatred towards Hendry and yet if some shows hatred towards one of your favorites you almost in tears.

some you hate some you love thats life.

Postby Wildey

hate isnt exactly the right term.

personally im not a great fan of Ebdon but i respect his style so much and he has been involved in some memorable matches.

no matter how much out of form he is i love the anticipation will he grind a win out of nowhere.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Witz

how come its ok for you to show all sort of hatred towards Hendry and yet if some shows hatred towards one of your favorites you almost in tears.

i dont hate Hendry or Higgins but i dont like them (as im sure you already know ;) )

What i do hate is that being Scottish, everyone else feels it is there obligation to support them. Im not a patriot so i dont buy into that nonsense.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Witz

i dont hate Hendry or Higgins but i dont like them (as im sure you already know ;) )

What i do hate is that being Scottish, everyone else feels it is there obligation to support them. Im not a patriot so i dont buy into that nonsense.

well thats true you dont always have to support people from where you live. i love the welsh and irish but my 2 fav players or english and ozzy

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:well thats true you dont always have to support people from where you live. i love the welsh and irish but my 2 fav players or english and ozzy

Let me guess your favourite players R-ron:

Mark King

and

Eddie Charlton (RIP)

:wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:well thats true you dont always have to support people from where you live. i love the welsh and irish but my 2 fav players or english and ozzy

Let me guess your favourite players R-ron:

Mark King

and

Eddie Charlton (RIP)

:wave:

rofl rofl <doh>

Postby Roland

Quite a few years ago now. He was in his 60's in the 1980's when he was a top 16 player!

Postby Tubberlad

Charlton sadly passed on in 2004...if I remember right there was a minute's silence at the British Open.

Postby Wildey

randall wrote:i didnt even know charlton was dead??

where you been lol

Eddie would have been 80 now.

he was a pro until he was 65 in 1995.

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:Eddie <cool>

Australias finest EVER snooker pro (played with no cough). :D

He had more in him Mr StalinESQ ;) And it certainly wasnt an over abundunt supply of flegm floating around his larynx. :evilgrin:

Tipping my Strepsils Throat Lozenges at you comrade ;) . <cool>

Postby Witz78

and he also "invented" a shot i try on many occasions - the good old hit and hope rofl

Postby randall

Sonny wrote:Quite a few years ago now. He was in his 60's in the 1980's when he was a top 16 player!

youll be telling me rex williams is dead next!

Postby Wildey

randall wrote:
Sonny wrote:Quite a few years ago now. He was in his 60's in the 1980's when he was a top 16 player!

youll be telling me rex williams is dead next!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Williams

no Rex is still alive and 76

looking at when he turned pro in 1951 thats unbelievable at that time a 16 year old turned pro at snooker. he was the first snooker teenager most probably.

Postby Smart

Adolf Mugabe wrote:

He had more in him Mr StalinESQ ;) And it certainly wasnt an over abundunt supply of flegm floating around his larynx. :evilgrin:

Tipping my Strepsils Throat Lozenges at you comrade ;) . <cool>

Adolf :D

Tipping my welders mask (with many little scratches on its visor) at you <ok>

Postby Wildey

randall wrote:was it the masters in 86 he got to the final and played jimmy? led for a while?

the Rothmans Grand Prix

he Beat
Mark Wildman 5-1
Alex Higgins 5-1
Steve Davis 5-1
Neal Foulds 9-8
and Lost 10-6 to Jimmy White

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Rex looked about 80 in 1986, God knows what he looks like now, poor bugger. :wave:

God its unbelievable to think Rex in 1986 was the same age as Steve Davis is now but looked so much older

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Rex looked about 80 in 1986, God knows what he looks like now, poor bugger. :wave:

God its unbelievable to think Rex in 1986 was the same age as Steve Davis is now but looked so much older

aye

Postby randall

pretty good as a last hurrah.

was it the late 80's or early 90's when doug mountjoy had a resurgence? remember him winning the uk against hendry i think then pretty much vanished again!

Postby Wildey

randall wrote:pretty good as a last hurrah.

was it the late 80's or early 90's when doug mountjoy had a resurgence? remember him winning the uk against hendry i think then pretty much vanished again!

doug won the UK in november 1988 beating Hendry in the final and his form continued in the very next tournament in 1989 the Mercantile Credit Classic and beat Wayne Jones in the final

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

aye

I think it was his slick back hair and his grey suits - he always looked old. Some people do. <ok>

Postby randall

wildJONESEYE wrote:
randall wrote:pretty good as a last hurrah.

doug won the UK in november 1988 beating Hendry in the final and his form continued in the very next tournament in 1989 the Mercantile Credit Classic and beat Wayne Jones in the final

after which he vanished without trace again, very odd. remember that final against hendry very well.