Post a reply

Re: HEARN: PLAYERS NEED TO SHAPE UP

Postby gallantrabbit

I can see the point about Jimmy but can't help thinking that it's also an excuse to have a go at him. Jimmy's involvement is never useless because just his name will always spark interest even if he isn't involved himself.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:I can see the point about Jimmy but can't help thinking that it's also an excuse to have a go at him. Jimmy's involvement is never useless because just his name will always spark interest even if he isn't involved himself.

great that jimmy plays great if he can reach venues again that will only be good however we have to plan for the future and find ways of promoting young players so they get the fanbase Jimmy did.

problem is in jimmy's prime there was not many of them so jimmys play alone stand out because he was not a "persanality" apart from his play...

these days there's a lot of jimmy type players but nobody going out of their way yet to promote them properly and we keep harping back to the past.

Postby gallantrabbit

OK sweet, so when Judd Trump starts playing quality snooker in qualifiers and Jamie Cope ditt0, and Ronnie stops knocking the game at virtually every opportunity, maybe Jimmy will be less useful, but right now he can still be very useful. And fingers crossed he'll finish of his match today and beat Gunnell and Perry.. :excited:

Postby Wildey

i also hope he beats gunnell and perry Stephen can then take it easy in the last 32 :redneck:

Last year in the last 32 he beat Davis lets make it a double of 80s foe he beats <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Beating an old foe like Jim is about the only match Hendry can win right now. I wouldn`t put any money on Perry not going through the pair of them though..
Would be a little upset if Jim didn`t see his way past Gunnell though.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Beating an old foe like Jim is about the only match Hendry can win right now. I wouldn`t put any money on Perry not going through the pair of them though..
Would be a little upset if Jim didn`t see his way past Gunnell though.

Gunnell is a tough match for him make no mistake about that but he should just edge it.