Post a reply

17 year old registers 151 break

Postby Roland

Promising teenager Sam Harvey scored an amazing break of 151 during a practice match at his home club in Bedford earlier this week.

The 17-year-old was playing tour professional Kyren Wilson when he registered the remarkable score. After a foul from his opponent early in the frame, Harvey was left with a free ball, and potted the brown to a centre pocket, gaining position on the black.

He then spilt the reds open and went on to pot all 15, taking 12 more blacks, two pinks and a blue before clearing the colours.

Jamie Burnett is the only player to have made a break over 147 in professional competition, making a 148 in the 2004 UK Championship qualifiers. Several players have made breaks over 147 in friendly games, including Jamie Cope who is believed to be the only player to make a 155 - the highest possible break.

"When I split the pack, the reds opened perfectly and I knew it was a chance to make a really big break," Harvey told worldsnooker.com. "I just had to hold myself together. I did get a bit nervous towards the end, although I was trying to focus so much that I kept laughing! It was a strange situation but I was really pleased to finish it.

"That put me 6-0 up in the match but I couldn't concentrate at all afterwards and Kyren came back to beat me 7-6."

Harvey, who took up snooker age 13, had previously had one 147, when he was 14. He has won several small junior tournaments and will try to win a place on the professional circuit by entering the new Q School next May.

He has already won through the first stage of a satellite event staged by the EASB, and if he makes it through the next two phases he will have his £1,000 entry fee to the Q School paid.

"Even if I don't manage that, I will enter the Q School anyway because it's a great opportunity to get on to the main tour," added the player who names Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry and Steve Davis as his snooker idols. "I will also be trying to get into the World Under-21 and European Under-19 events to give me more chances."

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC10_news% ... tm?tid=192

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: