Post a reply

Re: EXCLUSIVE: FIVE NEW TOURNAMENTS IN 2011/12

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Aslong as the players play in the big tournaments and they are still televised then im happy, but it does seem awfully packed in..enough time for practice!?

And I think majors qualifiers to be held in gloucester.

who needs practice when you play a lot.

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:Aslong as the players play in the big tournaments and they are still televised then im happy, but it does seem awfully packed in..enough time for practice!?

Nothing wrong with a packed up tour. Again, see golf and tennis for example. It'll be a case of pick and choose, which is absolutely perfect IMO...

I would like to see some slightly tweaked formats for these two new rankers though (no, not bullocks like shot clock or power snooker)

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:

Nothing wrong with a packed up tour. Again, see golf and tennis for example. It'll be a case of pick and choose, which is absolutely perfect IMO...

I would like to see some slightly tweaked formats for these two new rankers though (no, not bullocks like shot clock or power snooker)

the set idea is definitely a goer but we need to get it in the minds of barry hearn etc.

Postby Casey

I think in a few years some of the PTC events will be dropped. However this new tour is great. All players need to make the ranking events their priority, especially the new ones. Thats means Ronnie should attend the new ranking events to help get them off the ground.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:TBH players will have to pick and chose at times. The schedule Brazilian Masters - Shanghai Msters - World Open with a PL leg in the middle is rather crazy considering all cumulative time differences. And how will the finalists of the ranker ending on April 1 be able to play in China on April 2 if it comes to that, especially as China is 7 hours ahead of UK?

I assume the unnamed ranking event is in Asia so the time difference is minimal. They used to do that years ago when the China Open and Thailand Masters where back to back.

Also for a few years up until 2003 the British Open and UK championship where back to back.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I think in a few years some of the PTC events will be dropped. However this new tour is great. All players need to make the ranking events their priority, especially the new ones. Thats means Ronnie should attend the new ranking events to help get them off the ground.

yes its obviously going to be work in progress getting the best Europe destinations on board and see where would A PTC be best played at and then they wouldn't need to play at the Academy at all.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:It says UK AND WORLDS SUBJECT TO FORMAT CHANGE. :-( :sad:

i think thats to do with location more than anything.

but according to Snooker Scene Barry Hearn hands are tied regarding streaming Qualifiers that is a contract held by 110 sport so even if the qualifiers played in Gloucester they cant stream them without Lee Doyle say so i guess.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
randam05 wrote:It says UK AND WORLDS SUBJECT TO FORMAT CHANGE. :-( :sad:

i think thats to do with location more than anything.

but according to Snooker Scene Barry Hearn hands are tied regarding streaming Qualifiers that is a contract held by 110 sport so even if the qualifiers played in Gloucester they cant stream them without Lee Doyle say so i guess.

So 110sport will cut off their nose to spite their face?