Post a reply

Re: MATTERS ARISING

Postby Eirebilly

Personally i feel that the up and coming players (ie lower ranked players and younger generation) should be taken into more consideration that the top pro's as these are the future of the game. As i said, alot of the lower ranked player have to work to support themselves and cant always be given time off work to attend these tournements mid week and likewise for the younger generation with school. How many future players would we lose if they were unable to play these tournements due to work and/or study becaus they cant participate in these tournements during the week? Its ok for the top pro's who make a good living out of the sport and dont have work/school commitments during the week and are free to spend time working on their game and spending time with their families.

Postby Monique

Billy I don't follow you there: the lower ranked players have to play the qualifiers and these are always on week days and I can't remember a single fan coming forward to protest against it. So? I agree that for those who have to work or go to school it is difficult but it's hardly the 6 PTCs that will make a difference.

Postby Eirebilly

I know Mon, all i am saying that if these lower ranked players can only take a certain amount of time off work to play so if the tournements themselves were to take place during the week as well then this would put added strain on their work commitments meaning that they may have to make a choice. Snooker or Work. Its just my view on things and i could be wrong but it is how i feel. It is the PTC and EPTC where these players have the greater chance of getting to the latter stages.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:I know Mon, all i am saying that if these lower ranked players can only take a certain amount of time off work to play so if the tournements themselves were to take place during the week as well then this would put added strain on their work commitments meaning that they may have to make a choice. Snooker or Work. Its just my view on things and i could be wrong but it is how i feel. It is the PTC and EPTC where these players have the greater chance of getting to the latter stages.

the point here many players with different circumstance would want things to change differently.

possibly ideal for the lower players would be Qualifiers on Saturday then their section of the draw playing sunday against top pros then other part of the draw on monday and finals on Tuesday.

theres no ending what would best be for certain players

Postby Eirebilly

Exactly Wild. At work i am in charge of loads of people and have to make their planning. You cant be biased towards anyone (although i do take certain things into consideration) and no matter what i do, there is always going to be a few that are unhappy. You cant please all the people all the time.

Postby GJ

If some snooker players cant commit to snooker like other sportsmen do like in golf and tennis they should get another job and give up snooker

SIMPLE AS THAT <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

A person who considers snooker as more important than their children can only be a very sad person who deserves pity.

However...

Look at most other sports, and you can see that snooker really isn't that bad. Their are tennis and golf tournaments every weekend, Footballers play the bulk of their matches at weekends, jockeys are travelling all the time, hurlers/gaelic footballers play most weekends for no pay. Snooker players aren't asked of that much in comparison to other sports. No way.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:If some snooker players cant commit to snooker like other sportsmen do like in golf and tennis they should get another job and give up snooker

SIMPLE AS THAT <doh>

it Really is that simple im afraid i know its Hard on Family Life but Being a Sport Star really is a massive commitment snooker Players have had it to easy for to Long now.

in the 90s You went from Dubai to Thailand Back to Back to play tournaments someone Like Hendry Who was successful was away from British soil for 3 weeks sometimes.

as ive said tweaks could be made to the PTC but this is now the real sporting world and players has to work their lives around that like other sports has done for years.

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:If some snooker players cant commit to snooker like other sportsmen do like in golf and tennis they should get another job and give up snooker

SIMPLE AS THAT <doh>

:bowdown: <ok>

yeh they have an easy enough time of it as it is.

Postby GJ

witz agreeing with me

:eek:

Seriously though fair play to witz he ahs started becoming more and more valuable poster to this place

:D

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:witz agreeing with me

:eek:

Seriously though fair play to witz he ahs started becoming more and more valuable poster to this place

:D

cheers <ok>

see how long the honeymoon period lasts eh rofl

Postby Monique

http://www.110sport.tv/news/731
“The last week in October is going to be extremely busy so I’ve decided to withdraw from this weekend’s event," Carter told 110sport.tv.

“I hope it will give me the chance to prepare properly for what I consider to be two important events as well as giving me a chance to spend a bit more time with my family.”

Postby Casey

He considers power snooker more important............ <doh> :emu:

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:He considers power snooker more important............ <doh> :emu:

i doubt he does however its been publicised so he has to give it priority but i bet from his personal standing its not that important.