Post a reply

Re: Murphy calls Ronnie "Offensive, Pathetic, Unprofessional

Postby Eirebilly

Sophie Hart wrote:At least he should choose some sensible words. It wasn’t the right way to comment. It was the biggest mistake of his life.

Exactly. I have no problems with him wanting to make comments about Ronnie as Ronnie is always very free with his views. It was the way and the words he used that i dislike. To brand a fellow professional as 'Unprofessional' is hardly professional now is it :sad:

Postby SnookerFan

Sophie Hart wrote:At least he should choose some sensible words. It wasn’t the right way to comment. It was the biggest mistake of his life.

A slight overreaction, I feel. Yes, the way he phrased it wasn't great and he could've got his point across in a more sensible way. However if it was the biggest mistake of his life, he can't have made many. <doh>

Postby Monique

It was once again a storm in a teacup. Shaun is entitled is opinion and although maybe he didn't express it in the best way and I personally disagreed with him, I prefer players to express their feelings rather than being silenced into "political correctness".
I'm certain that Ronnie who is the first to admit he hasn't always been the most politically correct person around will neither lose any sleep over it nor hold a grudge.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:It was once again a storm in a teacup. Shaun is entitled is opinion and although maybe he didn't express it in the best way and I personally disagreed with him, I prefer players to express their feelings rather than being silenced into "political correctness".
I'm certain that Ronnie who is the first to admit he hasn't always been the most politically correct person around will neither lose any sleep over it nor hold a grudge.

I pretty much agree with you, except I agree for the most part with what Shaun said. I think Ronnie was unprofessional on this incident. And I didn't like the way he acted. I also respect Shaun for saying it, and for having the stomach to say it when Ronnie was sat there at the PL. Most commentators and players can't wait to put their lips firmly on Ronnie's backside

I think the use of the words, particularly the 'Pathetic' made people concentrate on what he said, not the point he was making. That's my criticism. I got the impression from the article, and the reaction of both men at the PL match was that it wasn't personal, it was just a criticism of one action. (And credit to Ronnie there, if somebody had called me pathetic then stood next to me, I'd have acted a lot more snake hissed off by it then Ronnie did.) I think the way he said it made people notice what he said, rather then what he was talking about.

Postby Eirebilly

Monique, I think that when airing grievences against fellow professionals through the media, an element of Political correctness is required. Calling another professional "Offensive, Pathetic and Unprofessional" is not on. I agree that Shaun had every right to say something and was impressed that he didnt back down, however, using such words made him look a bit unprofessional himself.