Post a reply

Re: The John Higgins Interview with Hazel Irvine

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:I am reminding myself about the nature of the World Series events. JH didn't perform great in all of them it must be said. Jimmy White played average by his standards even and still beat John in a final in one but I put it down to John having a lot on his plate with the organisation and also the fact they were playing to a massive hall with no audience so he must've been feeling embarrassed.

As wild says though, he isn't an actor and seems genuine in the BBC interview. I can believe Mooney filled his head with all sorts and it would be easy to get carried away with all that was happening. It would be good if he could talk about the things that he isn't allowed to talk about so we can all see the all of the evidence.

I totally agree with this. And that's the main reason I regret that charges were dropped. I would have prefereed that they would have been investigated in depth and hopefully dismissed. You can't afford grey areas in that sort of affair.

The charges were brought forward before sports resolutions and by mutual agreement (sports resolutions & world snooker) they were dropped. Remember John spoke about email anbd telephone evidence that was used...none of us know what that is.

Re: The John Higgins Interview with Hazel Irvine

Postby Caledonian Craig

Being a Scot I always supported my fellow countryman and was proud of his achievements but that video evidence will remain imprinted on my mind and still is a bad smell about it. I mean what was he even doing there? Why, when the conversation took the turn that it did, didn't he say: 'Whoa that is not my scene' (or words to that effect. He claims he thought it was the mafia yet in those videos I never once saw any armed gunmen on the doors barring him walking out of the room. Also he seemed damned relaxed and sharing a joke and a drink with blokes he claimed he was terrified of - very odd.

Now he has been cleared and will resume his career but I can't see myself cheering him on like I used to and his matches will hold no real buzz for me. Sad butr that is the way I feel about a player I once rated as one of the very best.