Post a reply

Re: HENDRY SLAMS NEW RANKING SYSTEM

Postby Wildey

Hulk Hogan deserves Respect for coming forward as a 110sport.tv journalist to answer questions on here today.

Postby Thompson Lykes

What, just like your company ignored all the emails they have been sent asking when we might see live snooker on your site?

Do your bosses know you are on here? The longer you hang about here, like Dave Hendon's blog, the more chances there are of you hearing a few more home truths about the company you work for.

Postby HulkHogan

Thompson Lykes wrote:spot on sonny

hulk

it would be easy to find out who you were. You'd be the one with Doyle's hand up you kilt working you

This really was a home truth for me :huh:.

I know nothing about your emails howver if you email your enquiry to the media address on our site - I'll make sure you get a response.

Postby Roland

And with that there was peace and harmony across the land...

So Hulk, what about the apparent negative spin on the new ranking system - do you have any comment in 110's defence? Are you responsible for the article I quoted earlier? I would like to offer you the chance to explain.

:santa:

Postby HulkHogan

As I said earlier I don't think there is much in terms of that.

Although as I said it has been a question I've asked the guys who are in a bit of bother just now - I think it's of interest as it's a revised concept and as with everything like that there will be guys who benefit and some who suffer.

The thinking behind that article was just how strange that list looked - it was meant to be quirky (obviously didn't really come across that way.)

Postby Roland

Yeah, it came across as misleading but there was no reference to the ranking list in the article for readers to look at and make up their own minds. And add that to comments by Hendry and Allen in other pieces which come across as slightly negative towards the recent changes and you end up with people thinking 110sport are on some sort of agenda.

If you see any of that going on anywhere, I'm happy for you to come here and set the record straight as it were. It's always good to hear both sides. And it's also good to hear of players opinions on the changes, naturally.

Postby Wildey

over the last 20 + years Stephen would have been top 16 no matter what the rankings.

prior to the World Open with this system he is effectively Provisional no 12th

lets forget PTC Points for now and just Shanghai using last season one year list and as you see nothings changed for stephen Provisionally just that he has to play better for longer during a season or he wont be seeded at important tournaments surely thats a motivation he needs if thats all thats lacking.

after shanghai

1 Ding Junhui
2 Ali Carter
3 John Higgins
4 Neil Robertson
5 Mark Williams
6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
7 Mark Selby
8 Stephen Maguire
9 Greame Dott
10 Jamie Cope
11 Mark Allen
12 Stephen Hendry
13 Mark King
14 Shaun Murphy
15 Mark Davis
16 Liang Wenbo

Postby Thompson Lykes

HulkHogan wrote:No problem.

Cheers for allowing me to reply to a few of the questions today.

So Hulk, what you are saying is that because of the poor quality of your journalism you are now having to explain your article to people? Are these audiences private and exclusive to this forum, or are you going around the world explaining your vague article?

Just another question for you to answer. Or do you need your puppet-master to tell you what to say?

I'm sure The Tubber would make a better job of interviewing 110 sport.notmuchTV players and get to the point quicker than you, with your excuse notes at the ready

Postby Casey

Of course <ok> Its been interesting, there's two sides to every story at the end of the day, I know some members were disappointed at Allen's comments but I felt he was right to be disappointed. Any response from Dave yet ;)

Postby HulkHogan

Thompson Lykes wrote:

So Hulk, what you are saying is that because of the poor quality of your journalism you are now having to explain your article to people? Are these audiences private and exclusive to this forum, or are you going around the world explaining your vague article?

Just another question for you to answer. Or do you need your puppet-master to tell you what to say?

I'm sure The Tubber would make a better job of interviewing 110 sport.notmuchTV players and get to the point quicker than you, with your excuse notes at the ready

:stir:

We still talking about the Hendry article?

If so then no I won't be going 'round the world' to explain the article. If you have read it then it was simply a preview on the World Open and also dealt with a few issues deemed to be current in the game. Many people didn't agree with what Stephen said and fair play to them they are entitled to their opinion.

For over a year I have done just fine with interviewing our players however I'll be sure you reccomend your friend for a job.

Postby Roland

I'm sure tubberlad will distance himself from those comments when he's next online.

Postby Monique

Thank Hulk for the clarifications. I think all players have a right to express their feelings and their fears as well as their hopes. Hendry is obviouly going through hard times, struggling with his game, and might indeed have a bit of hard feelings that those changes are made just now when he could do with a bit of protection.
I've more of a problem with Mark's attitude. Played in Sheffield or in Glasgow a last 64 match will yield the same ranking points and the same money, and if he was "unlucky" to play in Sheffield he was on the other hand " lucky" to draw a low ranked player. This is a match he should have won and he knows it.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:Thank Hulk for the clarifications. I think all players have a right to express their feelings and their fears as well as their hopes. Hendry is obviouly going through hard times, struggling with his game, and might indeed have a bit of hard feelings that those changes are made just now when he could do with a bit of protection.
I've more of a problem with Mark's attitude. Played in Sheffield or in Glasgow a last 64 match will yield the same ranking points and the same money, and if he was "unlucky" to play in Sheffield he was on the other hand " lucky" to draw a low ranked player. This is a match he should have won and he knows it.

To be fair, he never said he should have played in Glasgow ahead of any other player, just that top 1 should have been at the venue, which is fair enough imo. Also I am sure he is now aware that the money is the same (which he wasn't at the time)

Postby Thompson Lykes

I don't have a problem with Hulk (although I think I know who he is) coming on here to explain himself. But the fact is he works for someone who would never in a million years have made the changes Barry Hearn has and would have continued to protect his clients rather than the sport.

Seeing Hulk is up for answering questions tell us why 110 sports are no longer showing the qualifiers.

I await with interest your reply - just to see if you are told to post up facts or fiction!

Postby GJ

Im Pleased to see the great back on here :afro:

Postby Thompson Lykes

HulkHogan wrote:As I said earlier if you email the contact address I will forward it on.

To be perfectly honest I don't know the answer as to why they are no longer shown.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know the answer as to why you couldn't ask someone in your office?

Or does it suit you not to give an honest answer?

Postby HulkHogan

The matter doesn't directly involve me so it would be better suited to be answered properly by someone who it does.

Surely that would help you get the honest answer you crave?

Postby HulkHogan

Thompson Lykes wrote:so what we've worked out over two days is that you are quite poor as a journalist and as a message boy.

you appear well suited to be working for 110 sports

We've worked out nothing.

Your request for information has been responded to and you have spat the dummy because it doesn't suit your needs. :wave:

Postby Thompson Lykes

I wouldn't go around being cheeky like that - especially as the office junior.

Tell us the email address to use then smarty pants - or better still just go and ask someone in your office for us. I am sure if you can quote Stephen Hendry you can do the same for whoever it is that knows why 110 don't do .tv

Postby Wildey

Thompson Lykes

What have you got against 110sport from where im standing looking in you sound like someone that's been badly treated by them in the past.

Postby Thompson Lykes

Mr Wild / case_master

'Hulk' was asked a direct question and did not answer it. He has not given me a name to contact.

I think a great many people who supported 110 showing the stuff from Prestatyn have been badly treated because they have not been given an honest answer as to why the qualifiers are not being shown. If Hulk can speak to Stephen Hendry surely he can speak to Mr Doyle and hear the excuses from the horses mouth?

Mr Wild, you have tried contacting 110 in the past, according to previous posts. Have they ever replied to you?

Postby Wildey

that was during last season regarding live qualifiers .

yes i did get a reply but it was not a straight answer but that was the same when i contacted world snooker regarding live scoring.

why cant people be straight instead of putting some spin on it.