Post a reply

Re: John Higgins to Return to Circuit

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
andreiolay212 wrote:Great news for snooker, If I was him i would sue those clowns at NOTW.

If I was him, I would sue Pat Mooney. Pat Mooney was his manager and as such was supposed to act to the best of his interests, not to betray him and drag him into such a story. The tribunal findings show that Pat Mooney is indeed guilty. I don't like the NOTW but they would suppose that John Higgins was at least aware of what was going on when coming to Kiev; they had no reason to suppose otherwise.

absalutly

Pat Mooney dragged him in to this through trusting the man.

don't forget mon had Davis not beaten Higgins he wouldn't even be in kiev. his inclusion in that meeting was at the 12th hour.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:was that Davis win over Higgo in anyway dodgey....................... come on think about it :chin:

im not going to get dragged in to that lol

but my thoughts on that match is well documented that it was very surprising just how poor john played however playing poor isnt unusual sometimes.

he has been cleared best thing for the sport is we move on but at the same time look very carefully in to every aspect of players from now on so that the pope would want to strive to be as clean as them.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:606 is a disgrace. What is it with certain sections of snooker fans? Some of them seem gutted. pin ends.

ROCHDALE banker was saying higgins would get a long ban

at that stage i said it was a cert higgins would not be found guilty

my reason

rochdale banker is always wrong :afro: :ahh:

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I respect the decision.

DONT TUBBER, STAY TRUE TO YOUR PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS :no:

Yes ignore those who seen all the evidence rather than those who are going by an edited video <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Tell you what it's very easy to see who are actual fans of the sport from those who aren't by some of these comments today.

Postby Noel

Monique wrote:
andreiolay212 wrote:Great news for snooker, If I was him i would sue those clowns at NOTW.

If I was him, I would sue Pat Mooney. Pat Mooney was his manager and as such was supposed to act to the best of his interests, not to betray him and drag him into such a story. The tribunal findings show that Pat Mooney is indeed guilty. I don't like the NOTW but they would suppose that John Higgins was at least aware of what was going on when coming to Kiev; they had no reason to suppose otherwise.

Mon... the WPBSA didn't fine Mooney because financially he is apparantly skint.
As skint as the WPBSA is of ethics and foresight.

They have missed the bloody boat!
This was a real chance for conscious, prudent change.
To send out a believeable message to the snooker constituency.
A message that would have been a key into what is supposed to be a $50 Billion a year industy by 2015.
Web Betting.

WPBSA is a bunchofuckingoofs.

=o(

Noel

Postby Noel

Bourne wrote:Tell you what it's very easy to see who are actual fans of the sport from those who aren't by some of these comments today.

Really... who are the real fans mate?

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Tell you what it's very easy to see who are actual fans of the sport from those who aren't by some of these comments today.

to be honest ive not seen much of nothing ive been concentrating on matches on the table ill take a look round the sites later <ok>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:

to be honest ive not seen much of nothing ive been concentrating on matches on the table ill take a look round the sites later <ok>

606 is pathetic its full of rochdale nutter wannabee's the actual nutter is no where to be seen on 606

theres a surprise <laugh> rofl

Postby Casey

Noel wrote:
Monique wrote:

Mon... the WPBSA didn't fine Mooney because financially he is apparantly skint.
As skint as the WPBSA is of ethics and foresight.

They have missed the bloody boat!
This was a real chance for conscious, prudent change.
To send out a believeable message to the snooker constituency.
A message that would have been a key into what is supposed to be a $50 Billion a year industy by 2015.
Web Betting.

WPBSA is a bunchofuckingoofs.

=o(

Noel

Noel what is the point of innocent until proven guilty? Things are not always as they seem, can you be so sure beyond any reasonable doubt that John would have went through with it? Remember this is a man career, reputation, family life on the line. Those in charge of making decisions have to be 100% sure.

John did go about it wrong, he should not have let himself been put in that situation and he should have reported it.
I think money aside he will/has paid for it, his reputation will never be the same again and I expect he will get a rough ride from the crowds.

BTW have you links to the comments on players facebook pages you mentioned...I would be interested to see what they said. Thanks.

Postby The Cueist

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

606 is pathetic its full of rochdale nutter wannabee's the actual nutter is no where to be seen on 606

theres a surprise <laugh> rofl

Well that is a good thing GJ,And as for 606 i choose not to bother nowadays,As i like the more relaxed debate on here,Though there are some who go too far in thinkink that thier opinion has to be right. <ok>

Postby Roland

Monique is right - he should be looking to sue Mooney but then Case is right too: nothing to gain financially if he's as skint as he makes out.

Postby Wildey

Noal

answer me 1 thing what you saying is the truth isnt important showing to be doing the right thing is more important ?

if the guy was inocent how fair would it be to treat him as guilty ?

the only important thing is the truth and people just has to accept today the truth came out and we all move on.

Postby Roland

And News of the World have issued a statement:

This result is a victory for News of the World investigative journalism.

John Higgins has been found guilty, suspended and fined.

Pat Mooney has been found guilty and banned for life.

Today's judgement is testament to the extraordinary work of our investigations editor Mazher Mahmood.

We hope that the exposure of Higgins and Mooney will act as a deterrent to any other cheats in sport and help restore the integrity of snooker.

Barry Hearn says

Barry Hearn, chairman of World Snooker Ltd, told the News of the World: "It has been a difficult couple of months for snooker and an episode from which we need to learn lessons.

"The News of the World's investigation will help us to clean up the sport. We will be reviewing the rules and regulations regarding betting and hope to put in place changes, including setting up a new integrity unit in the next couple of weeks, that will act as a powerful deterrent to any player, manager or agent that seeks to behave improperly.

"I appreciate the tribunal acted in an independent and professional manner and reviewed all the evidence. I agree entirely with their findings.

"It is now time for snooker to move on."

set of lady parts

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/95 ... World.html

Postby GJ

they are a joke

the other night was some clown football reporter paul mcarthy was on talking tosky news about the pakistan allegations

it seems some football journalists just want to blacken other sports

Postby Wildey

no this is not a success what a bunch of idiots.

John has been banned for not shopping the twits it had sod all to do with content of the tape or the sting.

Postby Noel

case_master wrote: Noel what is the point of innocent until proven guilty?
BTW have you links to the comments on players facebook pages you mentioned...I would be interested to see what they said. Thanks.

The point mate is the question... "Guilty of what?"
WPBSA to protect Higgins removed any question of serious guilt BEFORE the Tribunal and did not put forward the serious
allegations of match-fixing, perjury, bring sport into disrepute, etc. etc.
He could only be tried on what was presented to them, was, and was found guilty of those minor charges.

That tactic is so well-known it has a name "Whitewash".

Read Dave Hendron's Blog... lot's of current info ...http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/

As per your request for players' comments... I can't really in fairness direct you to people who aren't your "friends" on fb.
Everyone is walking on eggs about it all (except me it seems)... one reference Michael Holt calls it ‎...."The great escape".

LOL

Not funny really.

=o(

Noel

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:they are a joke

the other night was some clown football reporter paul mcarthy was on talking tosky news about the pakistan allegations

it seems some football journalists just want to blacken other sports

Football Jernalists has had it in for snooker for years.................it snake hissed them off how popular snooker became in the 80s and ever since been waiting to put the Knife in at every chance they get.

Postby Wildey

Noel wrote:
case_master wrote: Noel what is the point of innocent until proven guilty?

The point mate is the question... "Guilty of what?"
WPBSA to protect Higgins removed any question of serious guilt BEFORE the Tribunal and did not put forward the serious
allegations of match-fixing, perjury, bring sport into disrepute, etc. etc.
He could only be tried on what was presented to them, was, and was found guilty of those minor charges.

That tactic is so well-known it has a name "Whitewash".

Read Dave Hendron's Blog... lot's of current info ...http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/

As per your request for players' comments... I can't really in fairness direct you to people who aren't your "friends" on fb.
Everyone is walking on eggs about it all (except me it seems)... one reference Michael Holt calls it ‎...."The great escape".

LOL

Not funny really.

=o(

Noel

noal the police has to put up the evidence as they see it for the court they cant make things up Douglass investigated the issue and put forward the case to the Court or tribuneral to pass Judgement.

He must have snake hissed himself laughing at the non real evidence the NOTW Had so did not bother wasting everyones time by putting it forward.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:And News of the World have issued a statement:

This result is a victory for News of the World investigative journalism.

John Higgins has been found guilty, suspended and fined.

Pat Mooney has been found guilty and banned for life.

Today's judgement is testament to the extraordinary work of our investigations editor Mazher Mahmood.

We hope that the exposure of Higgins and Mooney will act as a deterrent to any other cheats in sport and help restore the integrity of snooker.

Barry Hearn says

Barry Hearn, chairman of World Snooker Ltd, told the News of the World: "It has been a difficult couple of months for snooker and an episode from which we need to learn lessons.

"The News of the World's investigation will help us to clean up the sport. We will be reviewing the rules and regulations regarding betting and hope to put in place changes, including setting up a new integrity unit in the next couple of weeks, that will act as a powerful deterrent to any player, manager or agent that seeks to behave improperly.

"I appreciate the tribunal acted in an independent and professional manner and reviewed all the evidence. I agree entirely with their findings.

"It is now time for snooker to move on."

set of lady parts

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/95 ... World.html

NotW :D

WSA/BH <doh>

DJ <doh>

Very bad day for snooker. <ok>

Postby The Cueist

Is you name Noel A-gain and again.

The guy has lost this season completeley by the time he pays the 85 grand fine as well,Harsh but there you are.

You are boring me to tears with your :bs: Fact.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild2: