Post a reply

Re: Tour Championship 2024

Postby HappyCamper

hopefully two tables. it would be silly to get rid of the tournament's best selling point.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I've no problem with them going to 12 as long as they keep the two-session matches. Two tables is fine.

No it’s not because ITV only show one table

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I've no problem with them going to 12 as long as they keep the two-session matches. Two tables is fine.

Yeah I'd prefer to be able to see all the matches, but as long as I'm getting a multiple session match every day, I'm horny.

Postby Prop

Aren’t there some gaps in a typical ITV week that could potentially be filled?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:What the buck is this rubbish

You guys will click on PeeWeePizzaMan :hmmm:

Postby HappyCamper

the four additions this year would have been wilson g, brecel, lisowski, and trump. assuming nothing else changed.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:

Maybe itv will finally show two tables?

Postby Prop

Worth mentioning, plenty of people moaned about tournaments never being in big cities. So you’ve got to assume someone was listening and give them a bit of credit.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

rofl

Good one. <ok>

And maybe snooker will take precedence to bucking Horse Racing :irk:

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Imagine

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Imagine

Phil Yates round the clock.

Postby Wildey

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

There is 2 Tables at the WGP and Players but they only show 1

Suerly they should use ITV X for a bit of streaming

Postby HappyCamper

The_Abbott wrote:can't see the point in this.

that's obviously to try and reduce the risk of having several of the most marketable players fail to qualify, like this year.

Postby The_Abbott

HappyCamper wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:can't see the point in this.

that's obviously to try and reduce the risk of having several of the most marketable players fail to qualify, like this year.

so every year they keep extending the numbers and we will soon have 100 players just so they get Ronnie, Judd and Neil etc..

Why don't they just make all their events invitational and be done with it. Then have a tour of 16 players. Bucking ITV

Postby gninnur karona

Disappointed by the WST decision to expand this tournament. The evolution from a single 32 player event 2015-16 to the 32-16-8 structure by 2018-19 followed an understandable logic. 32-16-12 makes no sense. Why not 48-24-12? Better - leave it 32-16-8.

In the detail disappointed that WST consciously chose to not reveal how they intend to implement this modification over an unaltered duration. We shouldn't be left to speculate whether they are going to continue with best of 19s throughout using two tables in the early rounds (the least bad solution) or continue with a single table reducing length of matches prior to the semi-finals to best of 11s.

Whilst WST are never shy of boasting about the successful expansion of this global sport it's worth noting that Leicester is scheduled to stage at least part of half the ranking events on next season's calendar, whilst 75% of ranking events are scheduled to take place exclusively in the United Kingdom. Finding an eight player Tour Championship a permanent home in Thailand, China or Germany - to name but the three most obvious examples - would have been a positive step for a global sport.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

It'll be two tables for the first two rounds with at least best of 17. That fits into the seven days. It gives it a format very close to the World Matchplay. It would have got Trump in this year but none of the other big names.

Postby PLtheRef

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It'll be two tables for the first two rounds with at least best of 17. That fits into the seven days. It gives it a format very close to the World Matchplay. It would have got Trump in this year but none of the other big names.

Fingers crossed that is the case. Best of 17 for the first two rounds, 19 for the Semi-Finals along with a Best of 21 final would be good. It would be extremely disappointing if they were to use this expansion of players as a precursor to reducing early matches to one session in the Tour Championship.

I also wonder if the Players Championship will go to 24 players, following this expansion.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

gninnur karona wrote:Whilst WST are never shy of boasting about the successful expansion of this global sport it's worth noting that Leicester is scheduled to stage at least part of half the ranking events on next season's calendar, whilst 75% of ranking events are scheduled to take place exclusively in the United Kingdom. Finding an eight player Tour Championship a permanent home in Thailand, China or Germany - to name but the three most obvious examples - would have been a positive step for a global sport.

I think Hearn is friends with the man who owns the venue in Leicester.