Post a reply

Re: Ryan Day: "Next season could be my last"

Postby Iranu

Ah he’s just being emotional. He’s won his biggest ever tournament this season and he’s won more than last few seasons than earlier in his career.

I’m guessing the draining nature of the match has just broken his resolve a little.

Today is a new Day.

:evilgrin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that time Mark King through his toys out of his pram and "retired"?

That was about 20 years ago.

No

Postby The_Abbott

Imagine if it was? Would we miss him?

Snooker players only retire when they are dumped off the tour and even then they still try like good old Barry Pinches.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Imagine if it was? Would we miss him?

Snooker players only retire when they are dumped off the tour and even then they still try like good old Barry Pinches.

Depends what you mean by miss him?

He's nice enough guy, I guess. Let me take a selfie with him, when he won The British Open. And he's not really a dull or slow player. I'd wish him well if he retired.

But it's not like he is continually making the business end of tournaments or anything though. The sport wouldn't die on it's bottom without him or anything.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:The nonsense is he’s earned 215 big ones this season without including the Worlds. How else would he even get close to half that money. He ain’t quitting for many years.

Has he qualified for that, or what?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The nonsense is he’s earned 215 big ones this season without including the Worlds. How else would he even get close to half that money. He ain’t quitting for many years.

Yea he’s playing Ding in round 1

Postby The_Abbott

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Imagine if he actually did. This forum would go berserk :stir:

Postby The_Abbott

If I earnt that money for doing a rubbish job I'd not retire either.

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Imagine if he actually did. This forum would go berserk :stir:

It would need its own watch thread.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:

A rubbish job like winning the British Open, you mean?

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

who hasn't won the British Open

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

who hasn't won the British Open

I haven't.