Post a reply

Re: John Higgins: Federer Retirement Was Cringey

Postby LC

Wildey wrote:
LC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:It wasn't cringey in my opinion. Like it or not, Tennis is a much bigger sport than Snooker in terms of global audience, and Federer has inspired millions across the world. Will remain my favourite ever sportsman the way he conducted himself on and off the court. I cried and became emotional, like many, at his retirement speech and everyone's reaction.

Ronnie doesnt need to have a retirement like this, because like I said, like it or not Tennis is much bigger globally than Snooker.

I agree tennis is much bigger, federer like Ronnie wins with flair and was the best to watch, when Ronnie retires it will leave a big mark on snooker more than any other player who’s retired before

Snooker will dust itself off and move on no different to any other player.

People said word for word when Alex Higgins Retired or in his case Banned The Legacy of Ronnie will be pretty rubbish if we harp on to the past when hes gone Move on we must and move on we will.

Of course it will, the other players, who retired, Higgins, Davis, hendry,where successful or popular, Ronnie is both the most popular and successful by far and there is no one on the horizon, zhao possibly? Someone yet to emerge but they would have to pretty amazing to get close never mind usurp ronnies legacy,

Postby Johnny Bravo

Acé wrote:It was cringe cuz it was never supposed to happen that way, he tried to look for a fairytale ending but it never happened

had he converted 2 match points and not choked Wimbledon 19 away he would've retired there and then, or at least Basel 2019

Unfortunately I agree. :-(
Federer should have won that match :sad:

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I mean, I know this is old news, but my opinion was that the NOTW got him bladdered, got him to admit a few stupid things. BOOM! News story. It wouldn't surprise me if he had no intention of doing it.

That's my uninformed, no evidence to back it opinion.

His line about believing he was dealing with the mafia was a blatant lie though.

He looked pretty comfortable agreeing to do it. I reckon he would have gone through with it.

Postby SnookerEd25

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I mean, I know this is old news, but my opinion was that the NOTW got him bladdered, got him to admit a few stupid things. BOOM! News story. It wouldn't surprise me if he had no intention of doing it.

His line about believing he was dealing with the mafia was a blatant lie though.

He looked pretty comfortable agreeing to do it. I reckon he would have gone through with it.

Then I take back everything I previously said <ok>

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Unfortunately this isn’t Minority Report so we can’t punish people for things we think they might do.