Post a reply

A genuine mistake?

Postby gninnur karona

WST reminding the world that Fan Zhengyi had been through a lean spell in ranking events since winning last season's European Masters.

Surprisingly they claim that Fan Zhengyi won last season's final 9-8 rather than 10-9.

Oddly, though, all other European Masters finals have been best of 17.

So why the best of 19 exception last season?

Re: A genuine mistake?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:What else would it be, other than a genuine mistake?

the wall of reality are breaking down. somewhere there is a parallel universe where the european masters was a slightly longer final. like sliders, or that spiderman film - the cartoon one. but that reality is invading ours.

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:

the wall of reality are breaking down. somewhere there is a parallel universe where the european masters was a slightly longer final. like sliders, or that spiderman film - the cartoon one. but that reality is invading ours.

Feels like this world has been a parallel universe for some time now.

Postby Prop

Dark forces. We don’t need Mildey to remind us what happened…

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

Okay, technically it could've been that.

But if I'm honest, I'd have it being a genuine mistake as the more likely of the two options.

Postby SnookerEd25

An ecumenical matter?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Okay, technically it could've been that.

But if I'm honest, I'd have it being a genuine mistake as the more likely of the two options.

it's a genuine mistake on the part of the multiverse. it didn't mean for this to happen.

Postby lhpirnie

When the matches are played in Europe, the evening session starts at 8pm local time. I suppose it's to make it more comfortable for British viewers. But that might lead to a very late finish (e.g. the semi-final in 2020, which finished after 1am). With the 2021-22 tournament held in Milton Keynes, they had time for a couple more frames.