Post a reply

Re: Shaun Murphy

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:yea i agree but ultimately the reason people look at their health and weight should come how they feels not because some cruel buckers around.

Well, maybe in an ideal world. But cruel buckers around can directly influence how you feel, it’s a downside of humans being social creatures.

And whatever the motivation, if it does help Murphy become more healthy both physically and mentally then that will be a good thing for him going forward.

From Allen’s article it seems much more an introspective personal choice.

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:if one is overweight or has obesity then losing weight absolutely will likely improve a whole bunch of health markers, reducing risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, various cancers, etc.

its not losing weight its taking weight away its now impossible for him to gain weight sorry but thats not natrual

the amount of tissue removed is not a significant factor in weight loss, that comes from restricting the amount of food and hence calories he can consume leading to weight loss.

no surgery is "natural". who cares. what matters is if it is beneficia and outweighs the risks. and the evidence is very clear towards the safety and efficacy of this sort of intervention.

it's more difficult (not impossible) to gain weight after surgery. but he's already overweight, he won't benefit from gaining more!

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:My post was better.

Your post was bad, and you should feel bad.

Postby boris_the_butcher

hope things work out for him. I remember him losing a lot of weight over the summer 2012 (?) and he looked great but it's harder to keep the weight off than to lose it.

Postby Scooper

He gets a fair bit of stick on here, but it’s more to do with trying to be permanently on TV as player / commentator/ presenter / fill-in segmenter, than his weight.