Post a reply

Kyren Wilson: Rivalry with Judd helped him reach the top

Postby TheRocket

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/23/kyren-wi ... -17053476/

I disagree with both of his points. I think Judds rivalry with Ronnie and John Higgins made him the player he is. Besides that Kyren cant be serious when he says he is only a moment away from what Judd has done over the last 2 or 3 years. He is miles away, thats the truth. He can be happy if he wins 1, maximum 2 tournaments every season.

Re: Kyren Wilson: Rivalry with Judd helped him reach the top

Postby Acé

Kyren can dream, he simply doesn't possess the same talent or technical skill as Judd's game to go on a tear like Judd has since 2019 while doing it against the top players

Kyren will never trash Ronnie in a Masters final 10-4 or beat Higgins 18-9 in a World final for example his snooker ability is not good enough to rip opponents like that

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/23/kyren-wilson-rivalry-with-judd-trump-helped-him-reach-top-of-snooker-17053476/

I disagree with both of his points. I think Judds rivalry with Ronnie and John Higgins made him the player he is. Besides that Kyren cant be serious when he says he is only a moment away from what Judd has done over the last 2 or 3 years. He is miles away, thats the truth. He can be happy if he wins 1, maximum 2 tournaments every season.

The second point, he’s just trying to be confident in his ability which is fine.

He has a point about Judd’s career going up a gear after their falling out. Whether it’s because of that is obviously up for debate but it’s definitely possible that it gave Judd an incentive to put distance between himself and a player he thought he’s better than. But yes, the big Ronnie and Higgins victories were definitely more important.

Postby Prop

Sounds like he’s trying hard to make himself relevant. I don’t see his game ever developing a great deal further than where it is now. What happened with Trump is very different. Trump had a latent natural talent that he wasn’t applying to its full potential, then something clicked and he started playing the snooker he was capable of.

Kyren doesn’t have another level like that. He might tighten up a few areas through sheer persistence and man-hours, but in all likelihood he’ll end his career devoid of a world title and people won’t really remember him as a great player.

Postby SnookerFan

I think Wilson has something of a point.

He's not taking exclusive credit for Judd's success, that would be ridiculous.

But their "feud" seemed more about Judd getting envious of the plaudits that Kyren was getting. And that spurred him on to greater success. Judd did aways want all the credit for himself.

That's not me slagging Judd, by the way. Some of the praise Kyren was getting, particularly from the BBC who were acting like he was the greatest player who ever lived for a while, didn't quite to equate to what he'd achieved at the time.

Postby LC

Trump went to ridiculous level in terms of trophies, whether that was inspired by Wilson or something else is debatable, in still think he’s massively underachieved in the TCS and Wilson could out do him still there but that is very doubtful

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I think Wilson has something of a point.

He's not taking exclusive credit for Judd's success, that would be ridiculous.

But their "feud" seemed more about Judd getting envious of the plaudits that Kyren was getting. And that spurred him on to greater success. Judd did aways want all the credit for himself.

That's not me slagging Judd, by the way. Some of the praise Kyren was getting, particularly from the BBC who were acting like he was the greatest player who ever lived for a while, didn't quite to equate to what he'd achieved at the time.

There is no doubt about it Judd success can be pin pointed to when Kyren reached the Final of the Masters in 2018 when the BBC was bigging up Kyren so much without the success to back any of it up and it angered Judd.

he came back won 3 ranking tournaments including the World Championship plus the Masters thrashed Ronnie in the final in 2018/19 then 2019/2020 he won 6 ranking titles and 2020/2021 he won 5 rankers.

saying go on then wilson try doing that.