Post a reply

Hong Kong Masters to return

Postby SnookerFan

World Snooker Tour and Hong Kong Billiard Sports Control Council (HKBSCC) are pleased to announce the return of the Hong Kong Masters to the WST calendar in October this year.

This prestigious invitation event was last held in 2017 and was a tremendous success. The last edition in 2017 was held in Hong Kong’s Queen Elizabeth Stadium, which was recognised by many players as one of the best venues for a snooker tournament. Neil Robertson beat Ronnie O’Sullivan in the final.

Neil Robertson won the Hong Kong Masters in 2017

This time it will be staged, for the first time, in the Hong Kong Coliseum, the largest indoor stadium in Hong Kong with a maximum capacity of 10,000.

HKBSCC will invite eight top players, including Hong Kong’s snooker icons Marco Fu and Ng On Yee, to compete over four days from 6 to 9 October 2022.

WST Chairman Steve Dawson said: “We are excited to bring this event back to the calendar for the first time in five years and we are thrilled to be working with HKBSCC on what will be a fantastic tournament.

“Many of the world’s top players described the 2017 Hong Kong Masters as one of the best atmospheres they have ever played in, and this is another opportunity for them to experience the support of the local fans.”

HKBSCC Chairman Vincent Law said: “The Hong Kong Masters will be the first major international sport event in Hong Kong since we were hit by the pandemic. There is no better occasion to show to the world that Hong Kong is back for business. We hope the tournament this time will set more records and bring excitement that the public have been longing for. We are thankful to WST for its support to billiard sports in Hong Kong. We hope the players and the people of Hong Kong will have some fun.”

The player line up and ticketing information will be announced by HKBSCC shortly.

https://wst.tv/snooker-stars-heading-fo ... n-october/

Re: Hong Kong Masters to return

Postby SnookerFan

Not sure this is a tournament that I've ever watched.

Was it one that was on the Eurosport Player at the time? I certainly don't remember it ever being on the TV channel.

Postby Wildey

I Can't see this happening, Hong Kong and China still paranoid about this virus and nothing will change before October.

Hope Milton Keynes free that week

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Hope Milton Keynes free that week

I'd go to it.

…or agonise for months about whether to go or not.

No, I have taken the plunge now, and am ready to go. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd go to it.

We all know that’s the beer talking :hmmm:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd go to it.

Will you go to HK if it happens there.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd go to it.

Will you go to HK if it happens there.

I will not.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd go to it.

nice thing to brag to non-snooker pals. "went to see the Hong Kong Masters live"

"you lucky sod being able to travel to Hong Kong"

"eh.. yeah"

Postby LC

No way this will happen, ROS will get end up getting quarantined and losing the plot