Post a reply

Re: Rory McLeod comments on Sky Sports

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I thought the whole left/right brain thing wasn't true.

aye it's basically nonsense, or being generous a gross oversimplification. but once these pop psychology ideas take hold they tend to stick around.

Yeah, I reckon it's bullocks.

But left bullock or right bullock? :chin:

Postby SnookerArcher

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

aye it's basically nonsense, or being generous a gross oversimplification. but once these pop psychology ideas take hold they tend to stick around.

Yeah, I reckon it's bullocks.

But left bullock or right bullock? :chin:

Come to think of it why is there two? Spare? I assume 1 is enough just as we can live on 1 kidney.

At least I do know the brain works different both sides e.g. your left part controls the opposite side of the body, (2008 there was a tv show that actually showed brain surgery and they tapped the guy's brain to demonstrate that) having said that I'm not very trusting of social sciences, if there's a better explanation I'm all ears to explain any discrepancies in functionality between the sexes in coordination and logic. I don't believe there's biological reasons why women live longer I think it's more environmental i.e. men are more reckless, they drink more, fight more etc...

With left/right someone on youtube wrote they reckon Ronnie is naturally meant to be left handed which is why he's so good with his his left hand & why his handwriting with his natural hand isn't nice, I'm sceptical of that some people are just better at ambidexterity than others and I'm envious of such people as it's such an advantage for sports and arts. I certainly am much better at kicking with my right leg than left, also from what I've seen of martial arts they're taught in a way for right handed practitioners so it would be difficult to be proficient with the weaker hand/leg.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:No one knows why men have two bullocks and only one cockerel.

Guess if you had two cockerels you would need four bullocks and that might overload the Central Nervous System.

Or something

Mine’s struggling with just the one

Postby SnookerArcher

HappyCamper wrote:

That sums up social science, it's anything but a science but has disastrous consequences.

Postby Cloud Strife

I have always wondered why there weren't more black players in Darts and Snooker. These are traditionally seen as more working class sports unlike tennis, golf and Formula 1.

Postby SnookerArcher

Cloud Strife wrote:I have always wondered why there weren't more black players in Darts and Snooker. These are traditionally seen as more working class sports unlike tennis, golf and Formula 1.

True golf & F1 cost a lot more to get into. Darts would be one of the cheapest, a dartboard and darts anyone can own it takes no room unlike a snooker table, a pool table even is too much room for a lot of people.