Post a reply

Re: Liang Sentenced For Assaulting a Woman

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:Prisons are for people considered a danger to society. The courts didnt deem Liang a danger to all women and imposed what they believed was an appropriate punishment for the circumstances of the case.

Maybe The Queen should award him an MBE?

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:I thought snooker bans were mainly to do with offence relating to the game

Well, I mean it's usually for bringing the game into disrepute. Which could mean anything, let's be honest.

Postby SnookerArcher

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerArcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder what the reaction will be to Liang coming back.

Lots of boos surely, Ronnie got boos for the Masters which was after his walkout on the UK in 2006, Liang beating up a woman's much worse one would think....

Yeah the double standards of punishment...
I read a woman in Hackney was fined £15000 for a lockdown party in a garden where she hired a bouncing castle, the lords of the land get fined £50?! Should be like divorce settlements & bail, punishment is relative to your wealth cos the wealthy will just laugh at these petty fines.

Agreed Abbott doesn't seem right & Bingham got a 6month ban for match betting which to me is a far lesser crime than beating someone up. Law is messed up how people get punished harder for financial crimes or hacking than for rape.

I thought you didn't get into snooker till around 2012/2013? I remember watching most of The Masters in 2007 and I don't recall Ronnie getting booed.

You've been paying attention! Much of what I caught up with the 'lost years' is through wiki and youtube+comments, yes I also looked for boos and didn't find them. Would be a collector's item to see Ronnie booed! I did watch the 2006 world final come to think of it, boy that went on forever!

An abuser can very easily be a repeat offender so it's ludicrous being so lenient, like people released on parole they fooled the system to think they're no longer a threat and repeat offend, hmph.