Post a reply

Trump coming to Canada for an exhibition

Postby Sickpotter

Just got news from the Canadian snooker association that Judd is supposedly coming to Canada to play some exhibitions at a couple local venues. :happy:

Canadians have had little opportunity to watch pros live since Davis/White played the Canadian Masters in 1988. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch a Hendry/White exhibition at my local club a few years back and now it's looking like I'll get to see Trump. :mosh: <ok>

Re: Trump coming to Canada for an exhibition

Postby mick745

My favourite player when i was a wee lad was Kirk Stevens who probably got me into liking snooker, i remember his 147 at the masters vividly to this day with Jack Karnhm's commentary making it more perfect.

Bill Werbeniuk and Cliff Thorburn were household names as well. It is a shame what happened to snooker in Canada. Hopefully Judd Trump can inspire the next Kirk Stevens.

Postby The_Abbott

even Cliff has retired from the seniors is their any active Canadian players now?

Alain Robidoux was another Canadian that came slightly later that got annoyed by a young ROS playing left handed.

It would be good to see more Canadian players join the tour but you feel they would have to up root and live in the UK to get the opportunities.

Postby Sickpotter

mick745 wrote:My favourite player when i was a wee lad was Kirk Stevens who probably got me into liking snooker, i remember his 147 at the masters vividly to this day with Jack Karnhm's commentary making it more perfect.

Bill Werbeniuk and Cliff Thorburn were household names as well. It is a shame what happened to snooker in Canada. Hopefully Judd Trump can inspire the next Kirk Stevens.

I golf with Cliff and Kirk. Both outstanding guys with tons of great stories.

Favorite outing.....Kirk hit a wayward shot, lost his cool and tossed his clubs in a water hazard. That was funny in itself but when he realized his car keys were in the bag I just rofl